Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Saturday, September 15, 2007

That was a good one.

What a splendid day we had today, well I did anyway. So much all in one day, where to begin?
It didn't start so well as there was yet another mix up over money and time was spent redoing paperwork and using honey to catch some flies as in
"hello, I was here yesterday and we filled in some paperwork, a lovely lady helped me and faxed over the necessary papers to Plymouth so that I could receive some money and what do you know? They lost it, I wonder if we could do it all again and fax it to THIS name at THIS number and I will call at the exact same time and check that it arrives? Oh thankyou, you're so kind"
Instead of " For love of mercy, are you people complete idiots? Did I not spend hours here yesterday filling in paperwork? How hard was it to fax and send?"
And then
" Hello, it's me again, I am here at local office and spoke to you yesterday, you were so kind and promised that I would receive some money today as soon as you received a fax of my details ( again) Well, what do you know? They forgot to fax it and now they are faxing it again and I thought I would call while they do it, just to make sure it all went through and check they actually sent it to the correct number this time and that you receive it because I know as soon as you receive it you will print that cheque and send it right out.
It did? you have? Fabulous, thankyou so much, you are wonderful"
Instead of " LOOK! I KNOW they faxed it, I SAW them fax it, you lost it or went to lunch or forgot or don't give a monkey's nipple or something but stand over THERE by the damn machine and watch it come out, don't lose it, don't forget it, do the paperwork and SEND ME THE MONEY! Thankyou, dimwit"
So I was so sweet they fell over themselves and got it right and even called me as the cheque was put into an envelope and mailed to me first class. Marvellous.
Then, I picked Eli up from nursery, took him to mums and popped into B & Q because I felt drawn to the plant section, they had some lovely plants reduced to pennies and I bought some and rove home. Hmmm, 12.40 shall I pot these plants or take a nap? Text message " Hey Helen....are you having trouble getting here? Debs"
Lunch. Agh, forgot..am on my way, don't worry, will be minutes.
Pleasant enough drive, all on my own putting the world to rights and ....goodness that traffic is bad, might take longer than normal but is OK have plenty of time......ta de dah.......oh here we are, see? Hare and hounds......hare and hounds? Shouldn't be seeing that because lovely lunch place is before that and oh BOLLOCKS! What in the world is the matter with me? Will turn around and join that traffic and go all the damn way back because I am such a numpty.
"yep, am almost there, would have been there earlier but was drawn to drive right past and then come all the way back...am here.....HELLO!"
Delicious lunch with much laughing and talking and sitting.

Then we left for the basketball game which was just fantastic. I love the atmosphere of things like that and just get emotional and all goosepimply how lucky are we that fun like this is all right here and we don't have anything to worry about and SETH.....don't you just love all this stuff, the cheerleaders and lights and smoke and all?
"well, yeah but what I want to know is when are the raiders coming out?" Which made me feel good because as much as he wants us to think he is grown up, he showed me right there that he is a little boy, very 7, because sheesh, GIRLS? Wiggling their thing and shaking their bits and all that pom pommy stuff? Get the blokes out here with the basketball and give me what I came for already!
The cheerleaders were great. One in particular was feeling it. She shook it a bit more than the others and she showed us that LOOK I can bend over so much lower than those other flippertygibbets, knees bent and legs apart? Look at ME, see how I do it? I am almost ashamed to admit that I found myself watching her more than the players because she was just SO into it. I could feel her need and if I am honest. I think she has ambition. I would put money on her being pretty keen on working her way along to doing her thing with a pole one day.
You know those commercials late at night, the ones that tell you how if you text DESPERATE to this number one of these perfect and pert little girlies will chat with you and be your best friend and probably will end up being your girlfriend and it will only cost your mum and dad 3 months wages for 10 calls? She looked like one of those girls.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
She is the one on the far right. What I loved was the way these girls just gave it their all. Everyone should have something that makes them feel this alive.

Isaac just loved it, the first half, he especially lived the mascot and laughed like a drain at his naughty antics. He clapped and yelled and stood up and sat down....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And then it was the 2nd half and it was 8.30pm and bedtime is at 8pm and ......he lost the ability to enjoy anything, this boy loves his sleep and he needs his sleep and his sleep starts at 8pm and ......so tired.
I sort of joined him because the 2nd half was the same as the first half with a few subtle differences like our team being at the other end and we couldn't see them much because they were down that end a lot ( winners you see, they were good) and also, Sweat. Lots of it. We were pretty close to those players who are BIG ( most of them ) and they had already been running and jumping and blocking and catching for an hour. Enough said. It was a bit stuffy and I not a woman who finds sweat smell sexy. No siree.
So, because Isaac and I are alike I found myself less interested in the actual game and noticing things that maybe others weren't looking at. Like number 41. I think number 41 either forgot to go to the bathroom before the game started or he had a problem.
He did the potty dance a lot.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Jig jig, one foot to the other, slightly turned out foot and also he fiddled. Endlessly, perhaps he felt that he wasn't getting the ball enough and just made do with his own because I kid you not, he hardly left himself alone. 2 handed readjusting. Maybe his tight underwear was too tight, something wasn't right anyway. He picked up near the end and was pretty good for someone so afflicted, I was impressed and Billy noticed how red his face was from the exertion, I wonder if it was his too tight underpants that caused his ruddy complexion.
Just before we went into the game I noticed that my hands were itchy. Ow that itches, look at those little blistery things right there.....oh no. The lurgy. The no-one knows what it is hand thing again. I last had it when Eli was a tiny baby. Something makes my hands swell, it starts with a tiny spot or two, blistery spots that itch and burn like nothing else I have ever had ( and let's be honest I am queen of itchy) right now, 7 hours later ( 2.07am) my hands are maybe twice the regular size. My fingers are so tight they won't bend and they hurt me.
I am just a big old wreck.
Shoot me.
I found the cream that usually works but it is 2 1/2 years out of date, I will get more tomorrow I hope because it is usually miraculous.
Seth just loved the whole evening from start to finish, basketball is his passion. It is a rare thing indeed to find something that H and I enjoy on the same level and this was definite success, we will absolutely be going again.
At last I think I am ready for bed, tomorrow is another busy day, we have 10 kids coming over for the morning. Life isn't bad at all in our house.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

10 kids, oh you are ambitious. Good luck and I hope yor hands make a recovery.

3:14 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home