Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Nothing short of.....

....a miracle.
I took the first tablet last night, I then slept for 7 hours and when I woke this morning, not a mark, spot, blemish, scratch, welt or itchy bit. None, not one, anywhere not even in my buttcrack, which has been the site of the biggest itch for 3 days and that is not funny even in a blogging kind of way.
I went to sit and open my laptop and thought, " actually I might go and do that kitchen...."
That my dears is REALLY miraculous, since September 15th I have done laundry and that's it, I have walked past ironing piles, dirty dishes, discarded toys, vacuum cleaners, windex, dusters and H as he does it all. I have stood at the bottom of my stairs and wondered if I have the strength to walk up them and then wept because now what?
I went into the kitchen and I scrubbed and washed and wiped. I bleached little boys' filthy stained white socks, I washed some more. If H hadn't already vacuumed and cleaned and tidied the house so beautifully for the last few weeks, I would have done so much more. I even stood in the doorway of the dog pooh ( no pooh at all but can't shake the memory of) /devil's / garden room and wondered what I could do to make it a place belonging to our home instead of a carbuncle on the horizon.
So astounded was I having slept for 7 hours that it was H that noticed first that I was no longer a welty old scratch bag, true to form he just raised his eyebrows after I had replied to his query about how well I slept and said "itching?" and it must have been almost comical to watch as I looked at my arms and legs and then hands and feet, belly and stroking neck and touching head ( that I swear has been the one place to have not even a seconds respite in this whole nightmarish time) declared that " OH SWEET JOY I AM NOT ITCHING ....would you LOOK AT MY CLEAR SKIN???"
I feel beautiful and clean and so grateful to my tweed wearing lady doctor I can scarcely begin to verbalise it.
I have called people and told them and heard many sighs and hoorahs because as much as I have whined and complained and described here about how truly miserable I have been, to have been anywhere near me these past weeks must have made it clearer that I AM SO BLOODY ~MISERABLE~ PLEASE HELP ME.
I took my 2 daytime tablets and have had ( so far) a complete day of still not itching. Seth asked me why I was touching my head earlier if it's not itching and I told him that I am just feeling to convince myself that there really are no wheels or bumps or itching patched.
There aren't.
Maybe I can even colour the grey out in a few days. Colouring my hair makes my head itch, there has been no way I could risk adding anything to my poor scalp that would make matters worse, I have grey roots that must look like a heavenly halo when my hair is pulled back, white hair all over my head. I could grow it out and never have a soul question whether I am really old enough to be a grandma, in fact people would assume my own boys are my grandchildren. Life has made my hair whiter than white. Now I can cover up and convince myself I am a just flipperty jibbet again, even if I am not convincing anyone else!
I am honestly, truly grateful to feel so well. Where's that mountain 'cause I'm ready to move it!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

Woo hoo! That is wonderful Helen!

Hope you get to color the grey! Honestly, I hate to see it on me. :(

5:39 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Oh that is great news! So glad to hear you are feeling so much better. i just couldn't imagine how awful it has been the past few weeks to be so darn itchy and miserable!

6:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well the beginings of a great day indeed. Send me some energy, I keep waqlking past all the dirt. So unlike me.

6:48 pm  
Blogger Ranni said...

Big smile!!

3:52 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your doctor, too! And do forgive me, but I feel compelled to congratulate your buttcrack.

11:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray!!!

12:56 pm  
Blogger rachel said...

Great news, Helen!

1:11 pm  
Blogger Stetch said...

ooh I missed it--I'll have to look down more on your blog. What did you use to make it go away? Nasty stuff you had going on, you poor thing! So it was NOT scabies huh?

1:28 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home