Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Can you believe this boy?

The pictures tell the tale, I am standing on my driveway while Isaac goes to the STORE!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Off he goes....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Crossing the road.....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Look how excited he is!!
And then I waited and waited and he didn't come out......Hmmm. maybe he freaked and couldn't hand over the money for the newspaper after all. I sent Seth in..........he came out and said " I can't find him,. he's not there" And OH! I sent him on his own and stood outside on the other side of the road and someone has.......so I went in and Seth was running and saying " He's not here!!" and I felt sick because someone must have whisked him out of the back door .....oh what was I thinking......and there he was, in a huge line, tucked behind a tall man and in front of a big lady, paper in his hand and
" Go OUT! I can do it!"
So we went back out and waited outside the house....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
and there he was, on his way home..... and all cool and hand on hippy, like this is nothing, what's the big deal....ha!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is how close the shop is, I am standing in my drive.......talk about handy when you run out of milk or bread or chocolate.
What an enormous deal for my boy, doing that on his own and handing over money, waiting in a line with PEOPLE in front and behind and talking to him ( even if ignored them because he did I am sure!). He is a hero.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

helen i have been secreatly reading your blog. You give me hope that my autistic sons will become independent and live normal lives. That they are ok. THank you. Thank you so very much.

6:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helen, this made me cry. I know what a huge accomplishment this is for out Isaac. I am just so thrilled. I also know what a huge accomplishment is was foro you to let him do it.

7:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done Isaac I have printed this out and am showing Gramma what a grown up u r

8:33 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

What a big boy! He must have felt so proud of himself!

And I'm jealous of how close that little store is. ;)

10:39 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Wow! What a big step for Isaac. And he looked so proud doing it. And i know you are just beaming with pride for this big accomplishment!

5:20 am  
Blogger Lou said...

Helen, I`ve read your blog for so long but this one is the best..a portrait of a wonderful mother. One that watches over her chick like a mother hen..bravo!

4:14 pm  
Blogger Stetch said...

omg how awesome that he tried that. I can imagine you STARING and worrying the whole time, you poor thing! Still you are braver than I lol.

1:32 am  
Blogger zdoodlebub said...

I love it! (and can relate!) What a reason to celebrate!

1:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a big boy he is, that is so great.....

I am in awe of the pickup truck parked outside the shops in ENGLAND, things have changed since I was in your neck of the woods

Oh and if I had a shop so close to me, I would be ten ton tessie and i would be tempted to be like the aul ones on Coronation Street and go in my dressing gown and slippers.

Becca......who can't remember her blogger passport and password, shag it =)

3:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home