Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Skippedy doo dah.

Hold onto your hats everyone, this one might be a happy post!
Blimey.
I have had good news. Our holiday is looking better than ever today because we can now visit with grandpa and enjoy it.
There was something hanging over my head that was making the whole trip a bit scary and miserable that has GONE. Everything is rosy and shiny and skipping in the sunshine-y.
I am all melting in a heap of happy as I type, with one pyjama leg pulled up so I can scratch, even the itch isn't taking the smile off my face, the way is clear for 3 weeks of pure enjoyment, whatever we like, when we like.
If only I could tell you what has changed, but I can't, unless you email me and then I will. ( Intriguing no? Actually no, but all in a day's blog)
I had a lovely time with Jordan and Mel today, we went for the scan and Mel got a bounty pack, a bag full of goodies given to new mums to be. Smashing, little pots of nappy rash cream, books, DVD, free samples of this and that and toilet paper. 2 rolls of toilet paper. ????? Poor Mel, she held it up and said "why have they given me THIS?" and without skipping a beat Jordan replied
" oh that's for when you are giving birth and POO yourself!"
I can just imagine how supportive and understanding he will be on the day can you?
So, somehow, even though we have known about the baby for 4 weeks....Mel is only 6 weeks pregnant! Bizarre but we saw that teeny little heart beating and were assured that all is well. We all left feeling a little flat, and as though this might well be the longest 9 months ever but happy that the little blob is in there and ticking away as it should.
we took the boys to the park and Isaac asked for his bike. He has been trying to get the hang of his 2 wheeler but the garden isn't quite long enough for him to get going on it and keep pedalling. At the park he got on it and he just went....he rode and rode and steered and pedalled, what joy on his face and pride on mine.
Seth won't try, he isn't about to attempt anything that he can't be sure he will be perfect at from the very start. I hope that with a quiet time with just he and H we can convince him to try and learn. Eli is raring to go, I think we should just take his stabilisers of and let him fly! I am soaking up every day of this Indian summer, keep those rays coming, I love every one.
Does anyone know anything about Lupus? I have convinced myself that this is what is wrong with me, of course one trip to the doctor would answer the questions, I think I will have to bite the bullet and go in because the longer this skin thing goes on, the more I flare up and my poor body falls apart the more convinced I am that there is so much more to this that we first thought. I now have some lovely cold sores, inside my mouth, on my lip and up my nose. How can H resist me, life is full of these questions!!
So, Nana is off for a scratch and some sleep ( we hope) I shall dream of all the things we can look forward to in California, happy day indeed.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

I have heard of Lupus. A man from my hometown had it. He'd get very ill with it and go in the hospital, then the next week you'd see him at work. He worked in a jewelry store at the little mall there.

And yes, it sounds like Jordan will be interesting in the delivery room. :)

2:36 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

I have a cousin with Lupus. She is in her mid twenties. I am not close with her, so I don't know any of the details.

Glad to hear that something is going right for you! You know that I have to know so I will email you!

Wow, this is going to be a very long 9 months, indeed. I can't believe she is only 6 weeks! But, its so reassuring to see that lil blob,isn't it?!

Glad you are enjoying your Indian Summer...ours dropped right off. We were having record highs over the weekend and earlier this week. Now, today it was quite chilly. And looks as if the chilly fall weather is here to stay (that is, until winter...)

3:35 am  
Blogger Ranni said...

Indian summer...as much as I love the crisp cooler temps, I could go for a bit more of that. We went from record highs to not being able to warm up.

I found out very early with Matt. Mike took me to the doctor as he thought I was having problems with my appendix. Turned out I was pregnant. I had him almost exactly 9 months later, but the docs said he was 2-3 weeks late. Was a very long pregnancy indeed!

Good news on the holiday, that you can enjoy it so much now. :)

4:08 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home