Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Grabbing the bull by the horns, or something.

Right then, getting pro active, grabbing the bull by the horns and sticking two fingers up at the bloody hellness of life.
We can do this and do this we shall.
We will not starve.
I am a shopper, I love snagging buy one get one free bargains, full cupboards make me happy. we have full cupboards. Lots of them.
Today H and I went to a food store that is cheap, one of those that has you standing in the aisle saying "75p???!!! Look at that! How can they do it? Couldn't make it for less??" So we went and we spent £35 on meat and bits, enough for a week. We have cupboards....
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We have a freezer full of meat and fish and we now have ( oh lawks a mercy never thought I 'd see the day) a menu plan and a cast iron promise from me that I will not step foot inside a supermarket until next week.
H will pick up bread, milk and fresh produce because he can walk in, get what we need and walk out, he is not drawn to lovely bargains and B.O.G.O.F offers.
I shall twiddle my thumbs and count the pennies saved.
It is half price listing day on Ebay tomorrow so this evening I am gathering together all our crap, I mean treasures and will list them on Ebay. The holiday will be paid for by the end of the month. Actually it is already paid for, by mum...so it will be paid back by the end of the month.
That means that next month, we will live the frugal life of lists and menu plans, H shopping and me thumb twiddling again, in order to save spending money. The exchange rate is fantastic right now, for every £ we save we get $2.....how exciting is that?? Something in our favour, good grief!!
I feel so much better now we have this plan. I never have been one to sit and give up, tempting though that may be at times. I might even go up in the scary loft and see what is sellable ...there may be treasures galore amongst all that jumble......

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Look at that stuff!! Then there is the DVD player left on the doorstep, can't trace the owner of that stuff...we shall consider it a gift from the fairies and see if it can bring some cash for our hols.
So, another day another dollar we hope. Stop that bull and give me it's horns!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

I'm glad you are looking up today Helen! :)

1:59 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Oh I wish I lived closer...i would definitely help you go through all that stuff in there! I bet there may just be a few things at least that can be sold. From the looks of that room, there could be some incredible stuff at the bottom of the pile, that has been long since forgotten. LOL. Maybe a very nice treasure!

Look out bull, because Helen is ready to go!!!

2:26 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

oh fun! we can share frugal tips and recipes with each other! Look at is as an adventure I say!

HUGS

12:35 pm  
Blogger MamaTink said...

You're going to have a wonderful Holiday Helen :) Well worth the thumb twidling :)

HUGS!

~Lisa~

4:26 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home