Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, September 27, 2007

What a difference a day makes.....

11 yards of material @ £1.99 a yard.
2 reels cotton thread.
Recycled cushions, pillows, stuffing etc.
Aprox 9 hours of concentration, planning, swearing and satisfied sighing.
3 packs of sewing machine needles whatthehelldammitforbloodyhellsake.
An enormous amount of determination and excitement.
Husband that does drilling and follows instructions and tells me how clever I am.
A clever me.
And a room can go from this....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

to this.....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Is this a cosy and rich looking boudoir or not? It is. I like it and I am now a little
keen to redo the whole house, can't though because we are going on holiday and must save and pay for things and eat etc. Which is why we still have blue frills instead of new ones, carpet is blue so I can pretend I planned it this way.
I am absolutely going to spend much time in Michael's and JoAnne's and will come home armed to make this house somewhere I can be proud of.

I am so much better, what a relief, I saw my Dr yesterday who patted my arms and told me how good it was to see me looking better and also smiling ( because I am going to be a grandma, not Nana because the other mum got to Nana first and I will not be one of a pair) She said that my poor old body is at it's weariest and lowest ebb and was very happy to hear that we are headed for sunshine and hotels, shopping and FUN in a few short weeks time.
My sister is here and we spent the day together with 3 of our little people, we caught up a bit and just enjoyed being together, she is my friend and we spent so much time together before we both moved to the States. Sometimes I miss her so much that I find I have to just not think about how far away she is. Times like today and precious. Happy day indeed.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That fabric is gorgeous can you make me one too? What a beautiful job you did.

5:09 pm  
Blogger mom to three great kids said...

I see someone has talent!
What a great job you did...maybe you should make a business of it and charge for your skills. Congratulations on becoming a Grand-ma to be ..My kids call one of their grandma's Nanny and the other Mamie...just a suggestion :)

Enjoy!!

5:31 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

WOW, that looks great. I wish I could do something like that. I just don't have any sort of talent with that kind of thing.

:)

6:10 pm  
Blogger Ranni said...

I can't sew. Can pay someone else to, but..... Looks wonderful!

Amazing how quickly the holidays are approaching. Must batten down and get ready I suppose. Know your holiday will do you all a world of good!

6:12 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Oh that is stunningly gorgeous! You are positively BRILLIANT!

I hear you on the whole sister thing.. it's always so bittersweet for me to see them.. I love spending time with them and then come home and miss them five times as much after I see them :( I love my sisters *sniff*

6:47 pm  
Blogger rachel said...

Wow, Helen, I'm amazed! That is beautiful! I'm working on sewing Halloween costumes right now and it's kicking my bum!

I'm with Julie on the sister thing. We rarely spend time together because of distance, and after we part I miss them much more. It's sad!

11:21 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Gorgeous! I want to learn to sew..so much you can do with sewing!

Glad you are enjoying time with your sister!

2:58 am  
Blogger MamaTink said...

Okay, so, when are you coming over to transform my rather blah bedroom!? That's gorgeous!!!!!

9:28 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home