Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Monday, September 17, 2007

I told you I was ill!

So, at 2am I could stand it no more, it felt like I was on fire, my whole body, even the soles of my feet. So swollen I couldn't move for crying, so I told H I was headed for the hospital to throw myself at their feet and beg for relief.
I arrived and explained my dilemma ( although one look at me told more than needed to be said, my face was covered, my eye puffed shut, my ear was so swollen it was turned almost inside out) I was whisked right in and taken to the resuscitation room, and hooked up to various machines, given IV steroids, anti histamines and the longed for relief. Still itchy and quite swollen but at least now I have some lines back on the palms of my hands ( how bizarre did that look? SO puffy every line had squished out) My ear has gone down but my feet and legs are still pretty revolting. I am covered in scabs where the skin split and wept and has now healed over.
A soon as I saw the Dr I burst into tears! Big old wuss, she asked if I was cold because although my skin was on fire, I was shaking and my teeth were chattering, all I could say was " I have to get my bra off, it's killing me!) and whipped that bugger off there and then, whatever happened to dignity?
I am home and H is doing it all so I can sit and stare into space or sleep or just scratch in peace.
They wouldn't let me drive home due to all those splendid drugs, so my poor old car is sitting at the hospital and it cost a ridiculous £12 to get a taxi home. My sister is coming in about an hour to take me to collect it, hopefully I will be sensible enough to drive home without incident!
They did say that there are almost certain that this is not a reaction to anti-biotics. The fact that this is getting worse after the anti-biotics have been stopped apparently makes it very unlikely that they caused any of it.
Frustrating not to know what the cause is because how can I stop doing it, using it, eating it, touching it, if I have no idea what ' it' is? Ptthhhhhhhhhh.
So, am going to lie down and revel in the fact that I can. My skin is recovered enough to lie down and not make me scream. Hoorah.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger LosingSanity said...

How frustrating that you don't know the cause of all of that. I wonder if it could be a reaction to something in or around that house? I hope you are able to get some rest and relief.

1:41 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

How awful not to know what is causing it Helen! I'm glad the hospital was able to help you, but for how long not knowing what it is causing it.

Will keep you in my thoughts Helen. Take care. Be careful driving!!

4:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Helen, My name is Michelle and I am a lurker from Princeton, NJ in the good old USA. I've been reading you for a while now and enjoy you thoroughly. The commenter above mentioned that it could be something from your house and I have to say that after seeing the pictures of the ceiling and rotten floors, it wouldn't surprise me if you are having an allergic reaction to some sort of mold that is lurking around. Please look into this as it can be dangerous even for those not suffering from allergic reactions. Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon. I had to share my thoughts bravely de-lurk as you are suffering way too much!!

Michelle

5:38 pm  
Blogger rachel said...

I'm with Michelle and losingsanity, Helen, what if it's something in your house? If so, it really could be dangerous for you and the boys especially.

I can't believe all that's been happening with your landlady and the tattooed man (he was tattooed, right? Or was that just the way I imagined him?). I just got back from a weekend in NYC to see my sister dance. It was wonderful.

Feel better. ANd make sure to tell the ER or your doc about the conditions in your house.

10:25 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home