Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, September 20, 2007

I am not a monster......

Shhhhhhhhhhh....... as I type, with the exception of a few welts on the back of my neck that are annoyingly itchy I am almost feeling normal. Oh the relief. Most of the day I have had one or two areas of itch and a face that looks like the Elephant man but otherwise, not suicidal and not screaming or wailing or lamenting the whole terrible world of scratch.
What's with the face? Good heavens, give me a break, my eyes have done this weird thing where they have swelled in the corners, next to my nose. Really swelled, I look like I have a syndrome, no kidding ( I know, you want pictures but leave me a smidgen of dignity will you for Pete's sake, not that I care much for Pete, or even know him but you know what I mean.) The right side of my face, right along the hairline and near my ear, down past my chin, has a fat line of bumpety welts that are itchy enough to make me feel quite sorry for myself but not have me leaning with my head against the tumble drier weeping for mercy.
I have had clothes on all day.
Poor H, normally such a modest type of gal, I have thrown every ounce of decorum away this past week and have lollopped about in nothing but granny pants and a miserable disposition. I cared not, I needed relief, cool air and not to be touched by damn clothes.
H has been glorious and typically H, just quiet and useful, gentle and helpful and I am very grateful to have him. I have looked at him a lot these past few days and in my depressed state of mind dreaded the day I would ever be without him. He has gently made me laugh when it would have seemed impossible. His lovely cool hands have stroked my poor back and soothed my miserable spirit.
The landlady came by today, we have a tenancy agreement and are to pay a full and generous rent of £750 a month, I told her about the rotten bathroom floor and how dangerous that is and she said " Oh yeah, just don't use the shower." I think not Ms have to cover my mortgage payment but don't expect anything back for your money, I think we will have that floor fixed thankyou very much.
I have already drafted and will mail tomorrow, 3 copies of a letter stating the repairs we expect within the next 2 weeks, one copy for her, one for us, one for the council. From now on, everything will be done in writing. I'm done with the chummy pal stuff. It gets us nowhere.
She said how lovely it is to see this house like a home and how lucky we are to be here because it has such a lovely garden ( yeah right, it does now.....has she forgotten that rotten overgorwn festering jungle?) and told us, oh how funny...that the sale of the barn fell through. It is not sold. We could still be there.
H is happy we aren't there...the noise drove him crazy and he felt a bit out in the sticks, he likes being here near people and civilisation. I miss it, the smell and the safety and the space. The newness. I miss it. A lot.

I think that this whole month, moving, the tooth, this skin business has knocked me sideways. I am flattened. I am relieved that it seems my itching hell is on it's way out but until it has gone and become a funny ( as if!) tale of the 'remember that?' variety I am sitting very still and trying not to scratch my poor old face and neck.
I haven't had any steroids today nor have I taken any anti histamines for 7 hours, this is huge, HUGE I tell you. I am almost weeping with the relief of it. Please, please let this be the end of it.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Ranni said...

I hope it's the end of it for you. Truly do!

I'm covered in burning itching angry welts right now. Reaction to a new laundry detergent. Rewashing my clothes, sheets and towels as I type.

3:23 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Yes, please let it be the end of misery for you Helen. You have been through so much. And bless H's heart for being there for you. :)

I have a bit of good news on my blog, it might make you smile. It's about my big girl. :)

11:03 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps meant to let us know that good health is the most important thing and mostly we have that.

2:13 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home