Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Good news, I think.

The girl is out of hospital, not meningitis after all, she is sleeping off whatever nasty bug she has had. Oh the worry!
I went back to the hospital myself this morning, after Dan called last night it all went beserk.....even my face blew up, I am not a pretty sight I tell you. Anyway, what this proves is that this is caused by stress. A relief in a way because although it makes me feel like a flake, it does mean that I can perhaps get a hold on it. I have been working on relaxing and as well as taking the meds, I am trying, really hard to not let this get me.
I have some great anti itch cream that isn't steroid based so I can use it as much and as often as I need, which helps, ahhhhh blessed relief! I am taking the anti histamines every 4 hours which means walking around in a fog all day, better that than an alert raging scratch lunatic!
I spoke to landlady today and as usual had the wind taken out of my sales, this is how I get suckered in, I am all ready to be assertive and ready and when I talk to her she is so sweet and ready to help. She is coming around on thursday at 10am , I so hope that we can get things sorted out and organised with the tenancy agreement. As soon as that is in place I have to begin the steps to get this house checked and seen by environmental health.
The thought is that the house itself is not the cause of my problems. If it were the case, the problem would most certainly have been worse while I was cleaning it, when it was at it worst. For it to be happening now, when all is clean and shiny seems unlikely.
This house, so far is much less mouldy than the last 2 homes we have had ( not counting the beautiful and problem free barn that I loved) it is a source of joy to me NOT to have to look at fluffy walls. Here's hoping that this lasts through the winter.
I can't wait to have something funny to share and write about, I just can't be funny while I feel this terrible. I am going to see my lovely doctor tomorrow in the hope that she can some up with something that will help, I am a raving lunatic with this awful itching and pain.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Fat usually, right now even fatter and puffier and so bloody painful I am going out of my crazy mind!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger LosingSanity said...

So glad it's not meningitis that Sophie has. You know, I think it's a common thing for hospitals to assume in the ER. Sometimes i think they like to scare the bejeebers out of us! Hopefully she is able to get some rest and feel better soon!

I really hope your doctor is able to find some relief for you. I think you are right about the stress factor. it makes sense. Doesn't make it feel much better though, does it? I would be totally insane by now. I hate to itch. I so sympathize with you. Those pictures scream of itching pain. Hope it goes away soon!

And the landlady...isn't it so hard to be mean with someone who is being nice? She probably knows this. I hope you get the tenancy agreement all worked out so you can take the necessary steps to get things done!

2:28 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

That looks unbearable Helen. :( I do hope your doctor can help!

So glad to hear Sophie is on the mend. Meningitis is so scary and it's best to have those things checked.

10:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Helen!! That looks so awful...and I'm quite sure it's far Far worse than it looks :( I hope it clears up soon!!!!!

Glad to hear that Sophie seems to be on the mend a bit!!

My thoughts are with you all!!
Lisa

6:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home