Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Monday, September 24, 2007

Anything you can do......

Funny how we continue to learn things about even ourselves every day.
Jordan called yesterday, his washing machine is broken and he is working day and night at the moment, he asked if I could do some laundry for him, nothing like being needed, even by your big kids. I told him I would come by this morning to collect his washing and would bring it back this afternoon. When I got there he brought just one bag of laundry to the car.
" Is that it?" I asked, expecting at least 3 big black sacks full.
" Yeah, Mel's mum came and took 2 bags yesterday"
You think I'd be pleased about that wouldn't you? Not so. I felt unreasonable slighted that Mel's mum beat me to it and took some stinky clothes to wash ( she irons it too, must have too much time on her hands if you ask me.)
All the way home I was thinking how I have to make sure MY laundry smells better than hers, how MY laundry must be whiter and cleaner and make my boy happy that his mum loves him. ( even though she won't iron it, oh no...lets not over do it!)
How insane is THAT?
When my sister became a grandma for the first time, she bought Sammy a little squishy Elephant and was very clear in her instructions to her daughter that Sammy must love THIS toy more than any toy his other granny gave him. Aren't we just the weirdest people? Why is not enough to just be loved? Why must we be loved the BEST? I know that when I am a grandparent I absolutely do NOT want to be called the same as the other grandmother, I want to be Nana, she can be grandma, I don't want to be one of a set, I want to be ME, immediately recognised, no grandma Helen for me, just one name, nana and the beautiful ones will immediately know who is being spoken about, the great one, the most beloved. ME.
On a totally different note, I opened the front door this morning to find 2 suitcases. What the ?????? Clothes, books, DVD player and remote. No note, no explanation, just 2 cases. I wonder if it was someone disgruntled with a stinking hobo that used to live here and dumped their stuff here? Seems weird as the bags are beautifully packed, if someone was mad I would imagine things stuffed in cases and dumped. Then I thought maybe it was someone hoping to doss down with whoever lived here before.....the bags were there early at 8am, no-one has been back though so that theory bites the dust. This house is just plain freaky, what else can I say?
H has been drilling holes and hanging stuff. Back packs and flower baskets, first aid kits and whadyamacallits, you name it, it is now hung and stored and tidy and clear. My longing for neatness and order should be satisfied, I just think my soul has had such a bashing with this house, with the filth and the fear, the itching and a-scratching, unfortunately it's almost impossible for me to feel anything positive about it. I shall work on it, just as soon as I can. Which is not today. Or maybe even tomorrow.
My sister is coming tomorrow from Utah with those beautiful girlie people, Izzie 4 and Lily 2, who make my boys look like boring little nerdy kids, these girls can outdo my boys in everyway when it comes to mischief. We are going to have some FUN! Izzie can give Sophie a run for her money when it comes to talking too...can't wait to see them!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

enjoy your visit! Sounds like you'll have wonderful things to blog about in the next few days LOL

And what a good Mum are you for doing his laundry!!! you ROCK.

12:42 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Us grown children still need our mommies! I know I couldn't survive without mine.

Enjoy your visit with your sister! I'm sure it's exciting to get to see her!

3:18 pm  
Blogger Ranni said...

I called one Grandmuddy and the other Grandma. Grandma was my rock, my best friend, my 'parent'...my everything. I want mine to call me Grandma and hopefully I'll be able to live up to that name.

Have fun with your sister and nieces. Sounds like just the break you need!

3:27 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

And for a slight half a second I thought about leaving Amanda at her apartment last weekend. Couldn't do it, my girl was crying and needed her Mommy. :)

Have a wonderful visit with your sister! :) How great she is coming to see her family.

3:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I can't relate on the laundry thing. I know from Eastenders that you have laundromats there so why can't Mel take the clothes there and wash them for Jordan hmmm?
On the name thing I can relate. My mil is called Mama by the other grandkids, but by mine she is called Abuelita. Why? I'll tell you, because they call ME Mama. I know she hates that too, but so what. There is only room for one Mama around here.

8:03 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home