Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Sunday, September 23, 2007

If they could see me now...

I am a burster. One of those types that think, feel, wait, wait some more, think some more, get in a complete state about it all and then BURST into action, do it, NOW!!

Like my temper, I think people believe I have a quick temper. Not so. I get annoyed and I tell myself to get over it, stop fretting about it, don't let it bug me, ignore it, forget it........EXPLODE!

Like my cleaning habits, blah doesn't worry me, let 'em play, look at me, I don't care, step over it, around it, don't look at it...... CLEAN IT ! Frenzied scrubbing and sweeping and throwing it away bursts.

Like my eating, not hungry, don't want it, can leave it, can resist it....EAT IT!EAT IT! EAT IT!

You get the idea. I can appear as a sloth, strolling along through life without a care in the world until all of a sudden, insanity. Total insanity.

Last night I had one of those nights, quite relaxed, minor scratching, watching TV ( why so dull on saturdays? WHY?! Although Isaac was in sheer bliss with the 'Best Elvis in the World' show, a plethora of Elvis wannabees showing us how tenderly they can be loved and bemoaning the returned mail sent so apologetically to loved ones, let THAT be a lesson to you young men the world over, just be bloody kind in the first place, you never know when she'll have had it and bugger off, leaving no forwarding address, if it can happen to Elvis..well, just think on. So that afforded me a happy hour of watching him watch that.)

Midnight and the itching steps up a bit, (how can something so hideous and low down as a scabie mite know when it is night time? Even though they are now very dead the night time itching is still like a sadistic alarm clock, am told it can take 2 weeks to stop itching.) By 1am ...I know, IRONING, that's it, do the ironing, I love ironing and haven't done any for 2 weeks since we moved in ( apart from the school shirts that have been done in a rush every morning) So, ironing it was, for 2 hours, lovely, how satisfying, hangers and piles and rows of beautiful smelling clothes and bedding, how satisfying.

Grab that huge clump of hangers and take it into pooh room, where rails and drawers are for all clean clothes, poopy bit of carpet long gone, most of boxes now gone, rest of carpet still down. I still hate this room. It still feels like the devil resides there to me. No-one else seems to feel it, so I keep quiet and avoid it as much as I can, run in, run out and quick shudder as I go about my business. The doors on this house are fire doors, 2 layers of wood with some kind of metal in between, with springy things to make the door shut all on it's own. 3am, arms full of clothes on hangers, lovely clean ironed clothes, inside door, hang clothes on rack...SLAM. Door shut. IS dark in here apart from street light which is eerily like full moon light. Frozen, completely frozen to find myself in the devil's parlour at 3am with door shut. Of course, the door isn't locked, it is right there next to me and all I had to do was reach over and open the bloody thing, could I do it? Nope.
Have you ever noticed what happens to your eyes when you suddenly find yourself in the dark? How about when you are afraid? EYES WIDE OPEN! I was too scared at the time to appreciate how funny I must have looked because my eyes were so wide open my eyeballs about popped out.
It took maybe 3 seconds for me to realise that this is ridiculous. I am an absolute believer in spirits, both good and evil but I also believe that they can only do to us what we allow. I am sure that even the worst of spirits cannot hurt us if we don't allow it. I stood, with my eyes bulging out of my head, and I knew that I had to get a grip on this. I made myself stand there and make that room mine. This is my home and I just can't allow anything, even a bad feeling to stop me making the best of it. I left the room, had my customary shudder and went to try and relax.
This morning I ripped that room apart, still in my pyjamas I took the carpet up, emptied the rest of the junk left in there and cleared it all out.
I opened the window, cut the carpet into 3 manageable pieces and taped them in rolls, then I threw them out of the window, not wanting to have to carry them long enough to have them next to my body I figured if I threw them out of the window all I would have to do is get them in the car and tip them tomorrow. Stupid me, of course as I threw them out of the window lumps of carpet fluff and grit and WHO KNOWS WHAT ELSE was falling ON MY HEAD and FACE. IF my friends could see me me now they'd never believe it!! All the while, running on the spot trying to keep my mouth shut and eyes squinty, whimpering at the horror of what was falling on my HEAD!
"Ewwwwwww EWWWWWWWW don't fall on my FACE, ACK ACK ACK GET OUT THE WINDOW!!!" I was snorting at myself because, honestly, can you picture it?
It is done, all clean and clear and I went straight upstairs and showered and scrubbed and washed hair and rinsed and ...it is done. Phew.
Oh my GOODNESS, Look, a toy for every occassion, can you believe this? I'm not kidding I had this link just pop up on my email, hmmmmm, thought I, wonder what these toys are?

JUST FOR ME!!!! I am speechless.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

Phew is right Helen! That is a lot to do in one morning, especially alone.

I hope you are napping right now. :)

1:31 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

That's a busy morning!

And a very ugly toy!!!! I'd have to pass on that one! LOL.

5:32 pm  
Blogger Ranni said...

Very glad you were able to tackle the room and take over it. Can be very theraputic and exorcising (of sorts) to do so.

That link....that's kinda funny, lol.

10:48 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home