Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Monday, October 01, 2007

It's all in a name.

What a lovely day! I spent the day with Jordan and Mel, we went looking at baby things in Exeter. I did very well NOT buying anything and also, keeping my mouth shut. I reminded myself that I have had 6 babies, I have enjoyed every second of planning and buying and imagining and dreaming, this is their time to buy things they don't need, buy too many of some things or not enough of another. It's all part of the joy of becoming a parent. the more time I spend with them, the more I see how great they will be at it.
I lost 2 babies, one right before Sophie and one right before Eli ( both times conceiving with 2 weeks of losing the babies) I don't think I grieved for those babies because I was immediately pregnant again. I am terrified that something will happen to this baby. S/he is already so loved and wanted, so longed for. I am such a pessimist lately, although I refuse to allow the doom and gloom to take hold on this one, the joy is too overwhelming to allow it to be spoiled.
I asked about names today, phew, they have some beautiful names, Joshua for a boy and Chloe, Olivia or Ella for a girl. I was a bit worried about the whole name thing ...as if I can talk, the shinnanigans over my boys names will long stay with me, people get over it and it never takes long before no-one can imagine the baby being called anything else. There are a few names that I would have such huge trouble with though, nope, you won't get me to write them here because names are such a personal thing and you can bet your life that if I wrote one of my loathed names, 27 mummies with a child with that name would read it and weep, or rage or demand to know WHY I hate that name.
If you want to laugh though, read this, it gets me every time, I just LOVE the comments. Some of those names??? Oh my goodness.
Short post today, I am deliciously weary, only minorly ( is that a word?) itchy, I might even get to bed before 2am, giddy with excitement about that!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

I love the name Chloe, so pretty. :) They are all really great names Helen. They do sound like they will be wonderful parents.

After my miscarriage, it was like every month ticking off. I finally felt better after my due date.

I do hope she has a happy healthy pg. :)

12:47 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

First, I have to say thanks for the snot spraying experience. I clicked on the link and have been laughing my butt off for a good 20 mins, to the extent that I have tears rolling down my cheeks and can hardly breath. This is hilarious!

I love the names Jordan and Mel have picked out. Sure beats Timmy Tinkletops any day!

Oh oh and curiousity killed the cat...i *have* to know the names you find repulsive. You know my kids' names and heck, even if they were on your list,i wouldn't be offended...do share! (you could even email them).

4:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well I know Chloe's ok.. I'll just have to hope Sarah isn't too heinous!
Julie Bo

1:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the names are good...except Chloe. To me it is a dog's name as I have met many canines with the name Chloe to ever consider it a human name again. But that's just my experience.

1:52 pm  
Blogger The other me said...

I never heard a Chloe dog, I have heard a gazillion Sophies, after I named my daughter Sophie of course, everywhere we went little yippy yappy dogs called Sophie. GAH!

1:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm that's interesting. My Chloe insists she's a dog.. of course she wants me to call her Snappy... Oh well *shrug*

3:08 pm  
Blogger KC's Blog said...

I love the name Chloe, it's just too cute!
My sister works at a baby furniture store, went there to visit her on her lunch break and looked at all the baby stuff. Oh how it made me want a baby!

5:22 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home