Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

It's all just peachy, well some of it is.

Tomorrow, just after one o'clock, I am going with Mel and Jordan to see my grandbaby. Little dot that it is. I am so excited about this baby, it is completely different than expecting your own baby. It's all just joy. We love joy, can't get enough of it I tell you.

Yesterday was a horrible day, it got worse after I wrote my blog, door slamming and harsh words ( from me) staring ahead and table turning ( from H, not literal table turning, as in turning over tables, that would mean emotions and temper and stuff, I mean " But you were hostile and argumentative and started it", kind of table turning. Which I loathe and always results in me behaving in a hostile and emotional way, slam, throw, mutter under breath and swear.

Today was still a bit of a grumpy one until we just got over it and after a little bit of pretending none of it happened, we had a quick chat and got on with our day. As we do.

I am getting satisfaction from living so frugally, I like spending money, a lot, no matter what I spend it on, I get happy from buying bread and toilet paper ( sad cow) so not spending money is hard for me. I do like however seeing what is possible when you buckle down and go without. I go to the Hotel website and look at the pictures, I read the reviews from previous guests, I look at the pool and the trees, read about the local amenities and mentally stroke the lovely white sheets and crisp pillow cases on the huge beds, I think about 3 weeks of having someone else make my bed and that gets me through another day of not buying 'stuff'.
I have to defend that statement by saying I am not a twit with money, I don't rush out and spend spend spend just for the sake of it, in fact, I am a bit of a whizz at making a penny do a pound's job. I do love to buy a bargain.

I am sad to say that my previous love of a 2nd hand bargain has deserted me, a raging case of scabies will do that to a girl, I am now scared of stuff other ( unknown) people have touched. I am often to be seen using my anti bac foamy stuff, shudder at the thought of used clothes, as for soft furnishings.....EWWWW! How sad is that? My life has changed in many ways since developing the itch from hell. ( which is still very much around, not burning and making me weep but scratching and irritating and very very tiresome.)
I no longer paddle around in bare feet, in fact I cannot walk in this house with bare feet, ever. I am a slippers by the bed gal, they stay on my feet until I am IN bed, kicked off as my feet leave the floor and slipped back on before I touch carpet the next day. If I forget ( which I haven't for a week now) my feet swell, burn and ITCH.
I think I am allergic to the house!
Funny ( ha de ha) thing, Landlady says she is working on re-financing this house and that would mean we could stay ( oh the irony!!) however, this would mean that she would 'need' to rent out the flat. Uh oh..the flat is a hovel, it is dangerous and dark and truly a place of misery. The only type of person that would be willing to live in that place is a person who doesn't give a damn where they live. Exactly the type of person who used to live here. OH NO, not while I am here! There is no way I am living here if she puts someone like that in the flat. This is not a well built, seperate dwelling. It is a garage that has had a square room shoved on, no natural light, no seperate gas or electricity, or water. The entrance is inside OUR home, there is no seperate entrance to the back door. There is nowhere to put a stove, nowhere for a washing machine.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Who can she expect tto live there and actually PAY her? We would be back to that ' oh you pay the gas/ electricity/ water and we'll give a pitance back to not cover it scenario. I think not.
I can imagine a single man, no standards or cares at all, pretty much right here in our home. No way. The garden would be shared and it would mean that whoever would be in an dout and not locking the gate etc. Nope.
The good thing is, she can't possibly put anyone in there for a while. ( or can she? we all know she doesn't worry about whether a place is actually habitable)
I have to make myself switch off and try and just think about our trip and then face it all when we get home. I can't think about the possibility that she might move someone in while we are away.
She has shot herself in the foot which helps us out. There is a new law here that works in favour of tenants. Landlords are legally obligated to invest a deposit within 14 days of receiving it. When we moved from the lovely house to the barn, she should have invested our £850 and within 14 days sent us written evidence of where that money is. She didn't / hasn't. When we moved again this money should have stayed in the invested account. If the landlord ( lady) doesn't invest or doesn't inform the tenant where this money is, the tenant can then take the landlord to court and will then get back the deposit AND 3 times the deposit amount. Also, if the landlord fails to do this with the deposit, they are NOT allowed to issue a notice to quit or eviction notice.
I wrote to our landlady to ask where our money was, asked her to give me written evidence of where she had invested our money. She called last week to tell me not to worry, she had the money and that she hadn't invested it anywhere......"it's OK, I have it in my account, you don't need to worry about it, you know when you move out you will get your deposit back"
BINGO!!
I feel at least that this is on our favour, if this all goes horribly pear shaped I know that we can fall back on this, she has been so silly, to own this many properties and rent them out and NOT abide by the rules and laws is asking for trouble.
I also asked her about the rotten floor and her reply was that she had told us not to use the shower. I told her again that this is nothing to do with the shower, that the floor is actually caving in and it is right in the place where we HAVE to walk to get into the bathroom. Her reply to that was that she would come over some time this week and have a quick look. She's great isn't she?
When asked about the gas boiler and when it had it's last safety check she told me that 'Oh yes, it IS due for a safety check, I'll get on to that."
You know how sick and tired you are of reading this crap? Yeah. It's like that living it too.
Isn't it hysterical that the one house I long to get out of, the house that makes me physically ill...is the one she can't kick us out of? The one that she is even thinking of keeping so we can stay here for years and years? My side ache from all the laughing I tell you what. Not.
I actually love where the house is. If it were mine and I could rip out carpets, knock down rickety old flats, make safe floors and windows, I would love it. As it is.....I hate it. There I said it. I hate this house, I am like a mad woman here. Scared to touch anything without gloves, terrified to walk without shoes, breathing through my teeth because to me, it stinks.
Every item of clothing that hits the floor ( 3 little boys? Imagine how many socks, shirts, trousers, towels) anything that touches the floor gets washed, even if it has just BEEN washed. Eli drops his blanket a gazillion times a day, I am endlessly watching to see where it falls, on my rug...phew safe. On the carpet...wash it. Hard wood floors, that's OK, I bleach that so often I know it's OK.
Can you imagine how exhausting this is? Add to that the fact that I go to bed at 3am when the itching finally winds down a bit, am up again at 7am to take the boys to school. Tired. So tired. And very grumpy, snarl, snap.
Apart from that it's all pretty darn peachy.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

Some states here have that same law about rent deposit. I'm sure I watch too much People's Court, but I've seen people get their 3X's amount of deposit.

She sounds so awful. I do wonder if the house would be condemned? I am pretty sure that to rent out that flat, it would have to have a seperate entrance. I know your laws are different from ours, but that just doesn't sound right.

12:42 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home