Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Sometimes I even make myself laugh!

Some of my ebay listings.....

Beautiful pure wool jacket, soft, comfortable and lined. Long length and so smart with either skirt, dress or trousers.It has hidden buttons in that posh sort of way that some jackets have.
I wore it once, when I went somewhere smart, oh such memories! Am stuck at home with too many children now, my jacket would like to live with someone who goes out and looks smart. It is embarrassed to be seen with me these days.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket




Look at this lovely mirror, all arty fartily posed outside, you can see my lovely flower pots. I took this picture outside because everywhere I put it inside showed piles of stuff that I am listing on ebay, I was very careful to make sure there isn't a reflection of me in it because I hate to distract from how pretty this mirror is.
the measurements of this mirror are 31 inches high and 25 inches wide. I like inches, centimeters confuse me but if you can only think in new money it is 79cm long and 64cms wide, just lovely. I have moved 3 times bringing this mirror with me because I like it so much, it doesn't match a single thing in our home though, so here it is in all it's glory.
Pick up only please as to send it could mean smashing it and then 7 years bad luck. I don't need anymore bad luck thankyouverymuch. I could list all the bad luck we have had lately but won't, because well, who cares really? Anyhoo, we are going on holiday, to a sunny place if we can sell enough stuff on ebay, luck is a changing we hope.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket




How I wish I could be one of those annoying people who say " I have lost weight...have my clothes!" Alas, still big, still can't wear these trousers, I give up. Grab a bargain.
Brand new jeans size 20 ( reg) tags still on, that mark to the right of the zip, isn't a mark it's the tag.....it took me forever staring at the picture and tutting about what on earth it could be, hoorah! Not a mark at all but tags, phew.
Brand new jeans that I just knew would fit me any day, maybe soon....or not. *sigh*

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Jazzy sort of squiggly bit on the back pockets, not too much though. Can't quite understand why larger jeans so often have sparkly bits and brazen STARE AT ME stuff on the backside, but there we, are some people might rather like having attention drawn to their bottom, have to say I much prefer mine to be unnoticed and am very happy mine is behind me where I don't have to look at it at all.
In the picture it looks as though the bottoms are frayed, not so....they have been taken up a little bit, the hems need ironing but once ironed they won't have that frayed look at all, you think I would iron them wouldn't you, increase my chances of selling them? Life. Short. Sorry.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Oh and here in the UK our sizes are different to those in the states, when I go on my holiday I shall buy clothes are are 2 sizes smaller than I wear here and they will FIT, hoorah, instant weight loss.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such a hoot.

7:25 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Very clever Helen. :)

2:24 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

You are sure to sell the items with the commentary alone! Love it!

5:02 am  
Blogger mom of 2 said...

I love the way you have described you stuff! Makes me want to bid on them! :)

3:26 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home