Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Monday, December 03, 2007

If I didn't send this in an email......you can do it here.

Christmas edition of getting to know your friends.
Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!!
'Tis the Season to be NICE!

Answer in the comments if you can be bothered, be funny, I love to laugh. Also copy and email it to people and tell them to answer and email it back, they won't of course but you will have somehow managed to fill in an hour of someones day, these things MAKE you do them......well they make ME do them because I like making myself laugh, and I always do. Ha.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Why, I don't mind at all, as long as the gift inside is ridiculously expensive and all for me.

2. Real tree or artificial? I love real , except when it makes my arms come up in boils which it always does and I step on sharp little needles, in march because those damn things just won't leave will they?? I want to hate this new fad of black fake trees but alas, they look a bit grand.

3. When do you put up the tree? As early as I can get away with it, usually the beginning of December

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually about 2 days after Christmas because I put it up so early I just can't look at it ANOTHER DAY!

5. Do you like eggnog? I have never tried it and I am 45. Have I missed anything? Somehow the idea of a drink, with egg even in it's name, makes me a be a little bit sick in my mouth.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Monopoly. Surprisingly.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? I do, now ask me if I ever put it up? No I don't, because one of my children broke all the heads off, with the exception of baby Jesus' head, we love baby Jesus in our house, Wise men and Shepherds? Not so much apparantly.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Daniel and grandpa.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Sophie.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A spoon rest. Yes, Really, a spoon rest from my husband of 3 and a half weeks and I am still married to him. I think he knows not to do that again. He'd better know not to do that again.. OH! The first husband gave me a toothbrush one year, I am, quite obviously, incredibly precious to the men I marry.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Real ones, please do not send me email ones, unless you wrote them yourself, taking much time to be original, if you send me an ecard I might have to smack you .

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Miracle on 34th or 39th or one of those streets, it is so my favourite that it would seem I can't even remember what it is called.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? In August usually, this year.... I think I forgot that christmas is happening while we are on this holiday that has sucked every ounce of energy I might have had . Good job Santa is real because HELL it's in 3 weeks isn't it???

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I would if anyone ever gave me presents, except for the spoon rest because really...who would want it?

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Have you seen me? Does it look like I choose favourites?

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I like tiny white ones but with little kids we do the gaudy colours, they work best with little kids because children have no taste.


17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy night. Especially the version from that irritating movie..Home Alone ( or was it Home Alone 2??) That is maybe a little sad. I don't like it when Donny Osmond sings it. At all.

18. Travel for Christmas or stay at home? Home, which is why I am flying 5000 miles this year.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Why? You think they'd come if I called them? No-one else listens even if I know their name and shout it very loud, you think reindeers are going to be any different?

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star because I just cannot seem to find it in me to stick a prickly tree point up the bottom of a heavenly being, I rather hope the angels are watching over me, if I am seen to be abusing thier relatives in such a manner, I suspect that may not happen.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? I watch other people open their gifts on Christmas morning. ( stingey Gits)

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Stupid crowds of people who think they HAVE to buy tons of ugly and useless things. Oh and also parents who say they won't tell their kids about Santa because it is lying. SHUT UP, Santa is REAL, let them have the magic, relax, lie to your kids, it's fun.

23. What I love most about Christmas? The magic and especially the lying to my children, telling them Santa is watching them, so they'd better go to bed at 7 o'clock and not talk at all. I said AT ALL, the fairies are watching and you KNOW they will tell Santa and then it is the COAL!

And you know that I haven't packed yet don't you? Or done the laundry. I have finished shopping and done my girl a stocking. I broke the lock on my car because it would seem I am not to have a car that locks, ever...it just jammed and now won't lock. *sigh*
Should go and do something, not sure what yet, maybe answer another email or something but I WILL not be reading anymore bloody face book emails, what IS IT with that face book, you get yourself 327 friends who almost all know the same people and then one person sends a wall message or whatever the hell they are, then they send it to everyone on their address books and then THEY send it and I end up with 62726354 emails all with the SAME damn thing in it. Like this...




Which is actually very good the first 37 times you watch it.
So, I am off to be busy or to pretend to be busy and actually do nothing until I have half an hour and then run around and shout a lot. Usually works for me.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? If the gift is for me, it doesn't matter. If it is from me, I like to wrap them in pretty paper. :)

2. Real tree or artificial? I love a real tree! Because of the cost and tree needles sticking around for months, we use a fake one.

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the weekend following Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually New Years Day.

5. Do you like eggnog? Not really. I will drink it, but it's not something I have to have around the holidays. It's very sweet!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Sweet April's play land. :)

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, a small one. We aren't very religious, but I like the children to know the reason for the season.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My big boy, Eddie.

9. Easiest person to buy for? My little boy, Zachary. :)

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Stuff for the house. I know it's practical, but it's Christmas!! My Mother has given me (yes I know, with Motherly love, but...) 2 vacuum cleaners, a turkey baster, pots and pans, utensils, etc!!

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. :) I love to get them and I hope others do too.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I enjoy watching It's A Wonderful Life very much. I also like to watch an old Scrooge movie at least once a year.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? As early as it strikes me. I wish I had gotten more earlier this year.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Nope!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Probably pumpkin pie. I just love it with whipped cream on top!

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I like the colored ones.


17. Favorite Christmas song? I have many. Some religious, some not. Winter Wonderland comes to mind. :)

18. Travel for Christmas or stay at home? I like to stay home. I do wish my family would come here once and a while.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Yes I can.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I have both, I prefer the star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning!!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Traffic and the shoppers! Ugh!

23. What I love most about Christmas? Surprising my kids. I get so much out of doing that!

3:25 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home