Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

I think I am melting....

Wouldn't that be great? It is HOT here, sweaty and humid and hot hot hot and we are worshipping fans and iced water.

I really do feel as though I am melting and if you think about it fat doesn't stand the heat does it? H insists on leaving the butter out on the side in the kitchen and it is a runny liquid mess. I wish that I could wake tomorrow and all my fat be a liquid mess inside my skin and when I go for that early morning pee it would all pee itself out and I would be a slyph like thing with no clothes to wear because they are all TOO BIG ! ! !
Why doesn't it work that way I wonder? Seems frightfully unfair that in reality, we fatsters just get hotter than thin people, sweat more than thin people ( please don't tell me I smell more than thin people because a thin man walked past me today and good heavens to Betsy I almost came over very feminine and swooned...oooooieeeee where's his mother for heavens sake? I mean I try to be tactful when the need arises after Jordan comes home from 12 hours in a baking hot kitchen and feels the need to be in the same room as me, but it's only fair that someone is loving enough to steer a stinker in the general direction of the soap and flannel!) and then it all becomes so unbearable that an ice cream is no longer a treat but a lifesaving necessity ( and have you tried those Senses ice creams by the makers of Magnum? Oh heavens, if they are bad for you it's the best way to go I tell you!)
In Devon we are doomed to dietry failure with Kelly's clotted cream ice cream and every kind of tempting frozen nicety. I actually don't normally like Ice cream but in this heat it is the treat from the angels, especially as you absolutely have to scoff it or it melts in seconds so cram it in and praise the freezer) So you don't lose melted fat, it stays right where you left it and gains some more, bloody wicked way to have worked that one out if you ask me!
Good job then, that I ,can't afford an over abundance of treats, so the ice cream goes to my beloveds and I stick with Iced water feeling as though I am just about as marvellous as it is possible to be and hoping that the fat will melt in triumphant reward to be peed out tomorrow morning. What are the chances then?!

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Ohhh lemme know if it works.. I'll turn off the A/C tomorrow ;)

Hugs

Julie

2:33 am  
Blogger The other me said...

Jon MArc...you are more than welcome darlin!

7:12 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home