Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, January 19, 2006

I know a sound that'll get on your nerves.....

As if dial up internet connection isn't just the most frustrating deal ever, why is it that they have to start the whole experience with that noise?
Because of the legalities of living in such a glorious and splendid house mean waiting until we have been photographed ( the house I mean!) and permission obtained from the powers that be for cable to be installed, we are still on dial up and have actually decided that we will become wireless...so in a week or two we will be back on full speed but until then we listen to the beep beep beep beep crackle whistle beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep and wait for connection. The computer is now upstairs on the landing looking very official and calling my name but quick popping on and checking in is now a complete impossibility....I miss reading all my favourite blogs and leaving comments but I am reading as many as fast as I can and then disappearing into the world of teenagers who pick up the phone just as I have been patient and watched that blue bar filling up, telling me that any minute I shall be amongst the lives of friends and bloggers again.....only to be disconnected and hear the dulcit tones of an offspring bellowing " HOW LONG WILL YOU BE??? I have to call Rachel!" as if life itself depended on it. Lacey- sorry I so rudely disappeared last evening when we were IMing...Jordan ' accidentally' picked up the phone that is in the kitchen ( and nowhere near his bed which is where he was lying when the phone was accidentally picked up) and cut us off!! I tried to get back on but lost the will to live as well as the strength of mind to wait again!
So, I'm not being precious, even though we do live in a lovely house in the posh part of town, I am merely not patient enough to spend 3 times as long doing the things I love to do online, even E.Bay has taken a back seat until we are fast and clicking happily again!
It's a bit splendid that life has been a bit unblogworthy too, not that I don't love telling of life's hiccups and stories but every now and then it's pleasant to be a bit dull, don't you think?
Of course I could tell you about having to collect samples for the doctor for the past 3 days, I don't think I can tell you what the samples are of because even I have my limits and its not pleasant, really it's not. So, today's entry shall just be an excuse filled one for not leaving lots of comments on your blogs.....but I'll be back soon, I promise!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol hon there should be a way to turn off the sound from your modem--go into the settings or something. We did that w/ ours back in the Dark Ages when we had dial-up. John says if you have XP and it's going to be a while before you get cable, let us know--he'll tell you how to do it. (OR you are stuck listening to that annoying sound a little longer lol.)

11:20 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

Oh I remember how I hated that stupid dial up sound. Here's hoping that red tape gets cut, and your are back up to super speed soon!
I totally agree with you about the needing a dull week here and there. It's been so crazy for us this week that I'm anticipating some lovely dull times next week! (I'll still try to blog though LOL)
I miss you, can't wait to see you back online at full speed.

3:39 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Oh I would hate to go back to dial up. So sorry to hear you have to wait Helen. I hope you get the go ahead to drill holes soon. :)

2:06 am  
Blogger MamaTink said...

GACK!! I can't stand that sound either!! I told Al once that it's worth the extra money for high speed just so we don't have to hear that god awful whine!!

Good luck!!

~Lisa~

12:12 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Can't wait until you can leave the cracks and squelches behind.. I don't miss dial-up one little bit but I do miss your comments!

Hugs

12:46 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home