Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Almost normal.


This picture was taken yesterday when Eli came to me and said " Iss wezday aday, come on, mamma's house, come on titty Leah a wezday" ( I'm pretty sure he was just hoping it was wednsday, pretty good guessing on his part!) He always goes to gramma's on wednesday but hasn't since dad was first ill, I took him over and then we all went out for the day, he loves titty Leah and just breathed in the very essence of her all day, if she sat still, he sat with her and twiddled with her ear.....the boy was happy.


Today was an almost normal day. H and I went and bought a printer/scanner at last. How nice to just have an hour or so on our own and wander around a shop without having to do the 100 yard dash after an offspring or 3, I can hardly wait to start printing. I have no idea what I want to start printing but I am very keen to begin, because I can, as soon as H has set it up.
How marvellous to be all girlie and useless and unable to think about such things as setting up printers, I swore during my 10 years as a single parent that should I ever have the chance I should become completely dependant and fluffy and never so much as change a lightbulb myself again. I am sort of happy to say that I haven't gone that far, I still do many many things I thought I wouldn't do like, take out rubbish ( grudgingly) change plugs and mend things but wiring and me, instructions and me...forget it. Don't ask me to put together furniture ( Sophie's great at that- hoorah!) and nothing, absolutely nothing will get me near anything that needs reading instructions written by people who take sadistic delight in wording the directions in such a way as to make me question my intelligence. So, lovely printer/ scanner/ copier will sit behind me in it's nice box until H feels he has enough time to set it up unhindered.
The school run was great today, grandpa from L.A. sent a parcel and in it were some wrist watches from the 99c store, the incredible hulk and spiderman, oh joy of joys.......2 little boys who could scarcely wait to show off their new watches. Seth was beyond thrilled and Isaac, dear Isaac made sure his watch was just peeking out of his sweat shirt sleeve in the hope that everyone would see it but not actually mention it. What a treat to take them both in without a single tear or clinging moment. Thankyou grandpa.
Seth came home today with a note in his reading book to say he has been advanced again, he is now on orange level, just 2 more I think until he is at the highest expected level for the year above him!! Clever little poot! He took full advantage and said that boys who are on orange books have to stay up late on thursdays, I suspect that in the morning he will tell us that because he is on orange books he can stay home until the other kids catch up!!
Jordan is home from work, I think he wants the computer, it's 11:52 pm I told him I was just trying to think of a witty way to wrap up my blog tonight.
" Ooooh, I know" he said " THE END" Smart arse.
THE END.

5 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

Almost normal sounds good Helen. :)

You will enjoy the printer/scanner. We have used ours more than I thought we would. Especially nice when we need to copy something.

2:08 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Glad to hear things are coming along.

I just got a printer/scan/copier for Christmas and I haven't used it for anything but the printer yet, but my mind is too mushy and bogged down right now to even think about playing around with something unfamiliar! I am sure you will enjoy it. It's nice to know you have those things there for anytime you may need them!

2:53 am  
Blogger -Lo said...

almost normal sounds devine. Id love to see those watches! An I agree. Boys on orange should stay up a smidge later. LOL

3:39 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

HE HE HE.. Funny Jordan ;)

Feel free to print out ANY of the pics of your gorgeous children and mail them to me! :)

Hugs!!!

5:59 pm  
Blogger MamaTink said...

Almost Normal is good Helen. Real good :)

Too sweet about Little Eli knowing the day. I hope he had a great time.

Have fun printing!! Now you can leave the postman notes about sleeping teenagers, and notes to your teenagers about the postman from your printer!!! Imagine the possibilities!!

Good luck on getting H to hook it up though!! LOL

~Lisa~

12:06 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home