Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Out of the mouths of babes.

There is something so gloriously innocent and hysterically funny about a childs' view on the world. Here are some of the things that my children have said about Papa and his passing.

"Boys? Do you know mummy took you to see papa at the hospital, how poorly he was and how sore his tummy was?"
"yep"
" well, he is so poorly that the doctors can't make him better, they can't stop him being poorly and so he is going to go and live with Heavenly Father and Jesus"
( Seth) " so, what you're saying is, he will be dead"
" Yes, his body will be dead and so we won't be able to see him anymore, we'll be sad and we will miss him. But..he won't have any more pain and his spirit will be so happy because he will be with heavenly father . He will be with HIS mummy and daddy and he has missed them so much since they died. Do you know that the spirit is like a hand and the body is like a glove, if you wear the glove you can move it and it looks like a hand, if you take the glove off, it can't move, it can't do anything, it just lies on the table and is empty, our spirit is like the hand and our body is like the glove. Papa doesn't need his body anymore"
( Isaac) " um, if you det a poorly body I won't haff a mummy anymore, if daddy det a poorly body I haff no daddy, maybe I haff no family"
" Oh we don't need to worry about that darlin'. we aren't going to die for a long time and you will have your family, we will love gramma and auntie Leah and see them ,we will have each other and look after you"
" Um.....mummy, but I fink that you will be so sad wiffout a daddy"
"well I will miss him so but I still have YOUR daddy and he loves me and I have you and gramma and auntie Leah, lots of people to love."
"oh but actually I still really like my papa"

On explaining about coffins ( so they understand when they see one on monday) we were astonished to see how excited they were about them, they looked at the brochure and Isaac in particular was enthralled.
" When I die I haff nat one . I like nat silver one, wiff pillows, I like nat one, I haff nat one. See nat one? I haff nat one I die"

(Seth) "When I grow up and am old I am going to buy my WIFE that one, that's a cool one"

They have played ' when I die' they have talked and discussed and planned.
Isaac stood outside mum and dad's house and seemed very worried....
" I duss need a know is that still my papa's home?"
Seth is very matter of fact, down to earth, Isaac is thinking every aspect over and trying to take it in. I thought perhaps Eli wasn't understanding or thinking about it at all until today when I asked him if he wasnted to come shopping with me
" Yes please, pictures"
"what pictures darlin?"
" my hand, papa's hand, my hand"

I wish.

4 Comments:

Blogger LosingSanity said...

It is so interesting to see the world through the eyes of such of innocence.

My "favorite" aunt passed away in November of 04 and my daughter was only 19 months old. I had to take her to the funeral home for all the viewings as I had no one to sit with her. But, the kids all spent most of their time down in the lobby where they had toys and activities for the kids. Well, Makenneh was upstairs for a few mins and runs into the room and comes up to me. I was standing at the casket and she wanted up. I picked her up and she looked over at Aunt Dawn and with all sincerity says..."aawwwwwww". Sometimes they just melt our hearts when we need it the most.

12:40 am  
Blogger MamaTink said...

Oh those boys are so precious Helen.

They are filled with wonderful memories of their Papa :)

Jenna still speaks of her great grandma with so much love. I'm sure it will be the same for your wee ones :)

HUGS!!

~Lisa~

11:06 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Helen. You have some of the most precious boys on earth! It's interesting how each child deals with it differently in their own way. Bless their little hearts.

3:15 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

What children come up with is so true. Your boys are so sweet and caring.

4:26 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home