Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Sunday, March 26, 2006

It's mothers' day in England.....whoppydoo.

Somehow the days you look forward to most are the ones that let you down most. Mothers' day is a let down for me most years, this one was no exception apart from deciding that I wouldn't sit at home wishing I was being spoiled, I took myself to MY mum's house and had a lovely peaceful afternoon , lunch by Leah, girlie DVD with mum and Julie and back home to chaos.
PPPPPTTTTTHHHHHHH.

Sophie and Jordan have booked a lunch for tomorrow, I couldn't face the crowds of today so tomorrow will be perfect. I know I'm not H's mum but I am the mother to 3 of his sons and I would think it a good idea for him to help THEM do something. Completely hopeless in these things but he irons my clothes all year round..... and does the dishes every day, all of them....shouldn't complain but I AM. Na na na na na.

Actually, funny how it's on the days I should be gushing in the glories of motherhood, I find myself thinking I should have had cats. Shove them out the door at night and if they really get on your nerves you can have them put down. ( I know, I know..mean woman, shouldn't even jest about it in regards to a defenceless animal. Defenceless? Have you smelt what they can do in a litter tray? Ewwwwwww anything that can create a stink like that and still walk around with it's nose in the air is anything but defenceless I tell you.)
Mum has a cat. It's called Buzz lightyear ( named by Sam aged nearly 2 and 3/4) the cat is actually a kitten and is on it's 3rd home. It is quite the maddest cat I have ever come across. It thinks it is a person but it is a mad person, really mad, certifiable actually.
Buzz has been a lifeline to mum because he is worse than having a toddler in the house. He attacks with such ferosity that there is no hope of wandering around in a depressed and mourning state. Mum and Leah have to have their wits about them at all times. I think he goes for the throat but he's a bit little so he gets the top of the thigh, hard. He unplugs the cable for the TV and I think he laughs. He fills his litter box at the same time every morning and that reminds mum and Leah that they are alive and all senses are functioning. There is a glimmer of hope that the removal of his manly bits will calm him down. I suspect it will actually make him want revenge. Perhaps having cats isn't the answer. Maybe fish?

*sigh* I am a bit bored. It's 8.32pm, we put the clocks forward last night so it's really 7.32pm........nothing to do ( that's untrue of course but there's nothing to do that would please me so I'm not doing it)
Ho hum....... Oh oh.....I have noticed a few new names on my comments, lovely. I love comments, I love knowing people read me, it's almost as good as thinking people listen to me when I talk but I've seen the glazed looks so I can't really hold onto that joyful feeling.
Sara M....mum said you are reading, I saw your comment but didn't know it was you! Hello, how exciting that someone who actually has seen me is reading too!
So, because I am bored and it is a fact that I am a tart for anything that makes me feel good, I think it's time for a roll call, a plea for anyone and everyone to leave a comment telling me they are here...that even means mum who thinks her fingers will drop off if she touches a keyboard, Leah, drag her over and make her say hello!!
Thankyou, in anticipation. May I be among the double figure bloggers!!

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am one of your daily readers, although I'd rather remain anonymous, or rather, perhaps a mystery...you don't actually know me, but if I signed you'd be surprised ;)

Just keep up the courage! You are truly an inspiration.

8:44 pm  
Blogger The other me said...

oh, now that's not fair!!! If I don't know you how could I be suprised? Are you fantastically famous? Oh please say you are! How marvellous, nothing like a mystery!

8:47 pm  
Blogger The other me said...

mmmmmmmmmmm...banana bread......

10:05 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

Happy Mum's day Helen.
I'm now ever so curious as to who your anonymous fan is - how lucky you are - it's like you're a celebrity.
I shall sign my name though, and you know it's me, another fan and faithful reader.
Love ya
ETA: the word verification is a doozy today, I'll invariably have to try 2 or 3 times to post this - bear with me, as those 8 letter ones flub me up far too often.

11:11 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Happy Mother's Day Helen.

My hubby thinks dinner out is wonderful on Mother's Day here. I hate going out to eat in the crowds.

I read every day, whether I comment or not. :) And I too am curious about your anonymous comment maker. :)

12:39 am  
Blogger Claire said...

Not famous, though I love how "real" you blog is, however cheesy that may sound. Didn't know Mother's Day in Britain was on a different day than in the States, either. Your kids are lucky to have you!

1:10 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

I am here...and read your blog everyday. Your blog is part of my daily internet routine. I too love how real your blog is. I laugh with you, cry with you, feel frustrated with you...My blog stinks (and most others as far as I have read) compared to yours!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, HELEN!

Btw, my 2nd moms day as a mother, dh didn't do anything for me and I was kinda disappointed, but i took my daughter and made her handprints on her fingetpaint paper and wrote Happy Mother's day on it myself...lol.

2:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it will be higher than you think ;-)

Happy Mother's Day to you! Big hugs! You deserve something grand for all you do, and do so well, I might add!

**
Count me as a reader! And I think I just put you in the double digits! Woo Hoo!

2:54 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After reading the other comments, now I'm curious to know you the mystery person is too!

2:58 am  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Well you know I am here and that I love you dearly. Happy Mother's Day. I remember clearly how awful last mother's day went here.. hopefully things will be an improvement this year.

And I'll jump on board wanting to know who the mystery poster is.. I'm going to guess Emma Thompson only because man it would be SOOOO cool to know Emma Thompson was reading one of our blogs! (BTW Emma I simply LOVED you in Love Actually! You broke my heart!!!)

3:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm here too, just not every day as I don't get on the computer every day.

Deb

12:10 pm  
Blogger MamaTink said...

Happy Mother's Day Helen! Sorry to hear it was such a bust for you :( Men can be so hopelessly hopeless sometimes can't they.

Love the roll call. i can't wait to see your final number...I'd hazard a guess in the 40's!!!

Love to you Helen.

~Lisa~

12:12 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Helen,
HELLO FROM OREGON! ;O)
Love you dearly, think of you daily, pray for you more.
Hope you're doing well.

Who the heck is Anonymous!!! Ohhhh how neat! lol I wonder if it is someone famous? hmmm.....

Whoever they are...they hit the nail on the head!
You are truly an inspiration.

7:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another anonymous reader, although not famous and someone you don't know.
I stumbled onto you through BZ. I have laughed and cried reading your blog. I always look forward to it.

9:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another anonymous reader, although not famous and someone you don't know.
I stumbled onto you through BZ. I have laughed and cried reading your blog. I always look forward to it.

9:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh heaven Helen…I just love you…cats are deplorable smelly creatures with the most obnoxious personalities…rather lack of personalities. I have never understood the need to get a cat; I already have a husband who ignores me, why would I need a pet to do that also…

5:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helen, You have been my rock through the last 3 weeks. And I love you so much, THANKYOU for being MY sister.

10:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thankyou Helen for making me smile, laugh, and cry. Do NOT make me do this again!

11:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read every day Helen! Don't always respond, but I read! You put things into words so beautifully! I laugh until I pee my pants, cry until my kids ask what's the matter... Your kids should be so thankful to have you for a mum! You are an amazing woman!

4:53 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home