Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Sunday, March 19, 2006

A'int nothin' right in this house......



I just don't know what is goin' on, usually I am pretty much in control, they love me.....I think they adore me, I just flash 'em a grin with my goofy teeth and they fall for it, suckers.... but lately, things haven't been the same, my mummy has been out a lot and she's been crying. I know they keep talking about my papa and I haven't seen him in a while. I always go to gramma's on wednesday but this week I didn't. My auntie Leah ( I call her titty Leah because Auntie is hard to say) snuggles me and plays with me and gives me CHOCOLATE..ha ha the others only have treats like that on saturday but titty Leah sneaks me some on wednesdays. This week, nothing......What is going on??
I kind of was alright about it all until tonight, mummy took gramma out, something about making the church look just right for saying goodbye to papa ( where is he GOING? Won't anyone tell me???) and I get left with daddy, who is great fun and I love him, he gives me good stuff like french toast for dinner and ice cream when I feel like it. The thing is, he's not quite the same as mummy in some things.
Like bedtime. Clean PJs, chocolate milk and snuggle me, with my blanket, in the front room, please. How hard is that I ask you? What is it with daddy's that they forget stuff like that? Look, I have the evidence, look where mummy found me when she got home tonight.......

















Image hosting by Photobucket





It's just not on is it? IS IT? I meant to just put myself in bed but I was just sooooooo tired, those stairs are just so steep and there are so many of them......I hope things get back to normal soon, I need some of that pampering deal, some of that 'who's the most glorious 2 year old in the world, how come out of all the little boys in the world mummy and daddy got the best ones?' stuff again, this looking out for myself business just has to end soon. Enough already. Elijah.

8 Comments:

Blogger MamaTink said...

Oh Elijah. You are SO precious!! How sweet sweet sweet.

I pomise you, there will be more visits and chocolate and kisses and cuddles soon.

Sometimes the big people just need to take some time to be with other big people.

No worries love, you'll be the centre of everything again really soon.

Much Love.

~Lisa~

1:00 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

How sweet! I hear ya about the stairs. I would opt for sleeping at the bottom of them too. Such a long haul when you are sooo tired! =)

What a cutie!!!

2:34 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was so sweet! What an absoulutly precious picture!!

Helen, you are in my thoughts. I'll be praying for you tomorrow. (((((Hugs)))))

3:23 am  
Blogger JEFFY said...

Dis baby here is too precious! Your writing is so compassionate, so organic. The first question a child ax when he come into dis world is: Why? Every babe is an imcipient philosopher.

10:47 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

He is very precious Helen. Such adorable photos. Ones to surely treasure.

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts today Helen.

12:06 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Could that boy BE more perfect??? I hope all is right in your world again soon little one.

Hugs to your Mummy and Aunties and Grandma today.. they might need a few extra hugs and kisses so please give them some from me too.

1:43 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

Absolutely adorable. I've seen them fall asleep at the bottom of the stairs before, but never ON the stairs. That is one tired bubba!
I'm thinking of your family today (it's monday) and praying for strength to get through, and for a rousing rendition of that Hymn.
Love you all!
jenn & the boys

2:21 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Precious Elijah,
You are such a glorious trooper. I know that your mum & daddy love you very much, as does tittie Leah, and grandmum. They have some very not fun adult stuff going on in life, and someday you'll understand (I know you truly hate hearing that you're too young). Trust me, sweet boy, you don't want to understand this.

Be extra good. Love and snuggle your mummy and daddy as much as you can. Especially your mum. She really needs the extra loving.

Kisses sweet boy.

4:42 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home