Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, August 10, 2006

May we all say.......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISAAC NATHANIEL...but not sing it. Thankyou. At all, especially when there is cake, and people and ..you know....people. Don't sing it. Whisper it very quietly. Without a tune.I love his friends who know to ask if we are singing or not and who just don't question when we don't. they are 5....and yet they know and they love him.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

WE had a lovely day, there is something quite divine about a little boy turning 5. You can give them pretty much anything, as long as it is wrapped. Cards are a must, badges with 5 on or HAPPY BIRTHDAY are a must also, they just can't be pinned on to Isaac, he has to hold them and not wear them until he is in the house and no -one will see. Yikes, imagine being out and having someone SEE the badge and actually SAY happy birthday. Whole day ruined.

The park, with 2 best friends, hiding when the mummies are there, because you haven't seen them for maybe a week or two and .......ugh that is SO hard. Presents. Oh SWEET JOY, PRESENTS....a motorbike and a car and a transformer and ....please son't make me say thankyou or look at the mummy or open the present where anyone can see. But PRESENTS....THANKYOU!! It IS written in my eyes, you can see I am happy of you look when I'm not hiding. I am saying thankyou..if you watch me you will see me look at my mummy and I will THINK it and she will know and SHE will say it because she can hear my thoughts.
The park is great because I can run and my friends run too and when the grown ups aren't close I will talk to my friends because there is just so much to say!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Nuggets and fries....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
He hid under the table when I tried to take pictures...I got about 4 when he was so involved he forgot to notice.

This boy is my joy. He drives me insane when he has his obsessive moments that DON'T make sense to me, when I can't hear his thoughts and I can't understand what the screaming and kicking is about. That doesn't happen very often, but when it does, my head feels like it will explode. His head must feel like that much more because he often can't understand what ANYONE is thinking.
I have an extra special tenderness for this boy of mine. I think I get him. I understand where so much of his fears come from. I totally understand the attraction to being in your own world and finding the one we are forced into uninviting.

Another year with my Isaac in my life. Wonderful. Happy Birthday Bo boy.

6 Comments:

Blogger mom of 2 said...

He sounds a lot like my son. He can't stand for anyone at all to look at him or talk to him. At soccer games and school programs I have convinced him that his dad and I are the only people looking at him. All of the other people there are only looking at their kids. I told him that is the rule...everyone can only look at their own children. It makes him feel better! Happy Birthday Isaac!!!

12:30 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh HAPPY BIRTHDAY! The party sounded great. What a sweet boy and a great bunch of friends. You can always please kids with chicken nuggets!!!

2:23 am  
Blogger JEFFY said...

I think your kids have the greatest Mother in the world: You. Kiss King

3:35 am  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Happy Birthday Isaac! So glad it was a good one :)

Hugs

Julie

3:35 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Happy Birthday to Isaac. :) It sounds like he had a great day. :)

He does have a great Mom too, because she gets him. :)

8:45 am  
Blogger Lou said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Isaac......I hope you got all you wished for...kiss mummy & hug daddy...the party sounded great...

4:21 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home