Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

NEWSFLASH!!!! HOLD THE FRONT PAGE

YES, I AM SHOUTING........loudly.....ELIJAH HAS JUST POOPED IN THE POTTY.
Forget Howard's birthday ( although it's going to be hard to forget the enormous chocolate fudge cake, with white and dark chocolate sprinkles in the fridge.)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Forget everything except that last night Elijah Henry aged 3 years and 3 weeks, dropped his drawers and peed, quite unasked , in his potty. And today, after returning from gramma's house, howling up the path because actually, he has decided that he wants to live there and not come home anymore, he stripped off, sat down and after a straining worthy of producing a 8lb live infant, actually POOPED in the POTTY.
I didnt have to lie him down and scrape his buttocks with 27 baby wipes, I didn't have to try and breathe through my teeth because it was a fresh and not rancid smashed up poop that we had been trying to avoide for 30 minutes. No bagging up the offensive landfill filling nappy. Wipe and flush and all set to go again.
There was such celebration and giving of chocolate bars, even though it isn't saturday and it IS dinner time. I am giddy with the idea that, by george, the kid might have grasped the concept that it is quite nice to relieve oneself in a potty, or toilet, rather than in a nappy that costs too much. Naturally, this monumentous occurance had to happen the very day after I gave in and bought a years supply of Huggies. No point buying cheap brands the kid soaks through them in seconds. I don't care.
I understand that one pooh and one wee does not a toilet trained child make BUT my optomistic heart tells me that as he has chosen to wait so long to become a civilised human being of the toilet using variety, he will do it very quickly.
Seth was 3 and 1 week and was done in a week, day and night just done. No wet beds, no accidents, done. Elijah...take note.
He is, as we speak, walking around in a pair of snowy white boxer shorts, with his hands down the front. Awww. all grown up.
Happy Birthday H.....could this be the best present to date?

OH MY GOSH!! He just DID IT AGAIN!

10 Comments:

Blogger JEFFY said...

Hi Mummy, I thought the cake was the poop for a minute. Im kinna crazy a little. Kiss

8:19 pm  
Blogger mom of 2 said...

The cake looks delicious!! And poop in the potty...it just doesn't get any better than that!!!

9:39 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

That is great Helen! What a great gift to get! :)

And the cake looks very yummy! I'd like one piece please. ;) Oh I wish we had one summer birthday! :)

11:29 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

I am drooling.. and horribly horribly horribly jealous. WTG Big Boy!!!

Hugs

Julie

1:46 am  
Blogger -Lo said...

OMG I thought it was poopy too. I am so freaking happy for you that im doing the running man! Just for you!!!!!!!!!

-Lo

5:26 am  
Blogger Lilsoutherngirl said...

WOW>that is a big thing to celebrate. My little one has only been using the potty for about 3 weeks now. But OH it is wonderful. No more pull-ups to buy. Only 1 bedwetting accident so far. HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!

1:15 pm  
Blogger Lilsoutherngirl said...

BTW< the cake looks yummy.

1:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol@king cause I was thinking the same thing. Except I was thinking...why is she showing a chocolate cake when she speaks of poop? lol. Hilarious! I would be shouting it to the rooftops too! Potty training is so hard!!!! Its so awesome when they make those huge strides!! WOO HOO!!!

2:34 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

The cake looks yummy! And how nice that poop is going in the potty. Now if i could convince my Makenneh that that's where it goes every time...lol. The girl is so darn stubborn!

7:07 pm  
Blogger MamaTink said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOO!! Yay Elijah!!!

Helen, that cake looks sooooo gooood!!!! I Neeeeeeeeed a piece!!!! neeeeeeeeeeeeeeed it!!

HUGS! Happy Birthday H!!

~Lisa~

6:43 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home