Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, September 07, 2006

And even the sun shone.

It has been one of those smashingly lovely days that ought to have background music and frolicking lambs.
The boys went to school. I could stop there and the day is perfect, not that I don't adore their very bones but the last week of school break was a test of patience and good will. They were ready, I was ready. All is well on the education and restoration of sanity for one and all.
Isaac loves year one, he likes the big playground, where he can run and jump and avoid just about everyone but Seth..SETH is in the playground, they find each other and they stick together, they eat together and play together and they are 2 happy boys. I hope they give the odd wave and cheery greeting to other children, it would be nice for them to keep friends but it seems for now, they just like each other. which is interesting because at home they seem NOT to like each other at all.
Seth quite likes Jacob, Jacob says the Willy word and Winky and even bum quite a lot so he is obviously as cool and funny as it is possible to be. Even Jacob is in danger ofbeing sidelined in favour of Isaac.
Seth adores year 2 because it's not boring. I am told the workload is HUGE, always lots of work and so you don't get bored because when you are in year 2 you have to learn a lot and not play and it is GREAT. He thinks it is heaven. Less of that faffing around stuff and READ, remember, learn, listen. He listens to everything Mrs teacher says because he wants to know everything, he will probably know everything around february and then who knows what will happen. Right now he is in brain sponge bliss. Add to that the fact that he can sit with Isaac at lunch time and not have to answer to why he eats dry bread ( because, ewwww why do people want to MIX food ?! eat the cheese, eat the bread, but DO NOT put them together. Don't-alright?!)

Elijah went to playschool. He didn't stay because both I and Chloes mum got it wrong and darn it if playschool doesn't start til next week. He tried to stay, the ladies were washing all the toys and organising puzzles and he joined in.
He charmed them all, he was at his most divine. Even I was taken in by him and I KNOW he is a rotter.
His lispy little voice echoed around the church hall and he just melted every heart. One lady said how happy she was that thursday is her day to work there, I put him down for a 3rd morning, just to make them happy you know. My littlest boy will go to playschool 3 mornings a week, in January he will go to nursery, at the school, every day.
Because he didn't stay at playschool I took him out for the morning, when we got home, H had cleaned all the carpets, my house smells beautiful and spring fresh. It looks pretty good too, the man cleaned the kitchen and......I think I'll keep him. He's alright. I missed him very much while he was in London, I was happy when he came home and I saw that smiley face. I need him. I never wanted to say that I needed a man but I do. Marvellous. Just as it should be.
Jordan came back from the Army recruitment office and has a purpose. Every young man of 19 should have a purpose. He has grown again, when will he stop?! HE has to duck to get through the doorways and still he grows. Anyway, he came home and has sworn off drinking and is committed to run and weight lift and do sit ups. To see him so excited and focused makes my heart glad. To imagine him gone, in the army..well sometimes a mother has to just let her sons ( and daughters) decide how they will live and what they will do. This is one of those times.
I have begun my rigid eating plan again. Holiday is over. Thankyou THANKYOU that I didn't gain any weight in these six weeks. That is a big deal for me but I didn't lose any either. I have been cheating and then holding my breath and feeling rotten, wishing I was stronger. Now we are back on track with no snacks in the house, the boys are out all day so there isn't the endless giving of food going on. No trips and ice creams, no picnics. Phew. Panic over. I feel happy. I like feeling in control of this and knowing that if I carry on, it will work. I can do it. As the weather cools down I can begin to walk again. I am beyond tired of being hot and sweating. NO MORE SWEAT, in the name of all that's revolting, can we stop with the head dripping please? Thankyou. Enough.
I am a little perturbed by the loose skin. Can't win it all, I suppose.
I will get thin but I will be a floppy old bag of skin. I shall look good to outsiders but I suspect H will be able to wrap me around him in the winter months to keep him warm. He will be able to use my underarms as a pillow and my belly as a mattress topper. Ooooooh, comfy.
I have the face and neck under control, a plethora of anti sag creams are keeping that battling against gravity rather well, but the body? Not enough cream in the world.
Can you buy plastic surgery on a buy one get one free deal with club points that you can use at christmas? If so, can I have a tummy tuck please? Suck some fat out that big old belly, pump it in the bosoms, cut the baggy skin off and make some shoes or a handbag ( I do hate to think of it not being put to good use, especially when there is so much of it) I can live with the flappy arms, most ladies get arms that waggle when you wave, can't see why I shouldn't have me a pair too.
The evening has been pretty nice too and it's not over yet. Fluffy day, may there be many more of them come my way.

3 Comments:

Blogger LosingSanity said...

What a great day!!! Hope you have more of them.

10:23 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

It does sound like a smashingly lovely day. :) May you have many more this school year.

And yes, we have to let our children choose their own life paths. I don't like the idea of the military for my children, but if they chose it, I'd support them too.

11:15 am  
Blogger mom of 2 said...

Sounds like a good day! And not gaining weight is an accomplishment!! Be proud of yourself!

1:57 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home