Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I am SO cool.

Oh the joy.....those moments when you wish the the ground could open up and swallow you whole? I just had one of those and acted So cool, like I could care less.
It's school tomorrow, did I mention that? It is, we have just been upstairs admiring the new trousers, the school shirts, we came back down, me with my laptop, the boys with their pillows, made into a zoo.
Ricky Lake is on in the back ground. For no other reason than the programme that was on before finished and no-one is actually watching TV.
I look up and who is coming down the path? Isaac's teacher from last year, the special Ed co-ordinator, she's actually here..Oh hello COME IN! How LOVELY to see you, please come into this pig stye that is my lounge, sit down ( if you can )Bless her heart, she came by with a folder she made, with pictures of Isaac's new teacher, her helper and his care worker, the playfield, the lunch room. so he can see how fun it will be this year.
We sort of chatted while the boys put in their teeth and SMILED for her. It was then that I noticed the playdoh, I would ordinarily be pleased that the teacher sees I allow my children to be so creative, even in the front room, but the playdoh is all mixed together now, it is brown, poo brown and was dumped on the floor looking like turds. 3 big turds. Eli is runing around in his pullup, which has been on a respectable amount of time without him pulling it down to pee in the potty, it is sort of hanging/ swinging.
Oh how I laughed and pointed out the poo like playdoh models, phew, thank heavens I noticed them and was able to tell her it was playdoh!!
She has gone now, she is a delightful lady and I am sure she had a giggle to herself as she left, she looked at Eli and said " Elijah..when I see you next, can I see PANTS? Big boy pants, not pullups..big boys wear......" she never finished because heheld up his hand and said
"BYE !!! SEE YOU!! BYE BYE!!" leaving her in no doubt that pull ups are the bomb thankyou, 3 years old or not, he is fine with them, talk to the hand cause the boy ain't list'nin'.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

He gets that from me, he is cool too. what a family.
Look, I just came in from teh kitchen...they put the playdoh poop on my footstool.....it is realistic n'est pas?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

5 Comments:

Blogger -Lo said...

OMG! OMG! Hahahahaha pooooop! OH helen you are the coolest!

4:16 pm  
Blogger Lilsoutherngirl said...

Mine is 3 and just out of pullups,so don't worry about it. He'll go when he gets ready. I kept trying to push her and she wasn't having any thing with the potty. So I left her alone and she started going by herself!!! pullups are tha' BOMB!!!!!
Good luck with school...

9:47 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

He he! Too funny Helen.

My living room too looks like a pig sty far too often. We clean it up and 10 minutes later, it's trashed again! The stuff just seems to multiply itself!

10:31 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

ahhh...dont ya just love unexpected visitors! LOL. So she got to see that you are human, that your home is lived in and everyone has fun! LOL.

And my daughter just potty trained a couple weeks ago and she is almost 3 and a half...its just something you can't rush. The harder I tried, the more she resisted! Phooey to anyone who worries about whether he is in pull ups or not!

12:57 am  
Blogger mom of 2 said...

That's so funny about the pooh playdoh...had a good chuckle about that!!

9:42 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home