Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Friday, October 20, 2006

Can a chihuahua fly?

I am going to out myself in this post, not a sexual outing ( although that might be fun, where would 0ne go on one of those do you think?) but an open admission and confession to being the most appalling snob.
The car, yes I know, you're bored of hearing about it, it is painful to the mind and eyes to endlessly be whined at about it but things are so much worse. Did you imagine they could get worse? No, neither did I but I think I must be in need of humbling, or something because it has reached the stage whereby I am either going to have to get humility and lose my desperate need to show off and look down on people with cars like I own right now (which I would never do because I have a heart, I understand, I might never actually agree to be seen with them AND their car but I wouldn't look down on them, ever.) or I am going to have to start walking because look.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


* insert Swearword of choice here* because, you know, I am trying to be like Jesus ( but not exactly like Him as He walked everywhere and I REALLY like driving) so I can't actually tell you what swear word I wanted to use when I came out of Asda and saw THAT!
No note from whoever did it saying whoops ,sorrry, did this to your car. No-one would leave a note because n all honesty, they probably thought I would never notice.
My car is such a crap heap and NONE of it ( well alright, just that one I told you about a week or three ago) is my fault!
Isaac did this one....


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I told you, remember

Because he did that..H did this


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Because he is nothing if not resourceful and be damned if we would spend more than the car is worth to replace a bumper that can be held on with plastic ties, hey?

The man who was meant to be fixing it did this one


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


This IS a bit my fault because when it really sank in that H was never going to get to grips with roundabouts , tiny roads and driving on the left, I ripped off the 'L' plate and it took off the surface of the car.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

God did this bit because it rains so much here......


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

lovely bubbly rust, hoorah.

And as if shame weren't crippling enough....look, a treat, and this is where I ask the question can chihauhuas fly. No way in hell did a bird do THAT



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

or this



Photobucket - Vide4o and Image Hosting


I have scrubbed my hands raw, even though I haven't touched it, I know that no drive trough car wash will get that off...I will have to scrub it because no one loves me enough to clean this car for me. A drive through car wash is a poor idea anyway because you just know something important will drop off in one of those don't you?

I won't bore you with the smell of buring and the clacking sounds because they aren't funny and I do try to please and induce either laughter or tears in my blog.

I'd ask you to give the old heap a kick for me but it would fall apart, so give it a cheer and congratulations for still actually moving with all these sorry bumps and grazes, pray that it will just keep going and somehow make me into a rather loved figure of humiliation as it takes me on my way.

Ack I am really REALLY embarrassed going out in it though, prideful me.

8 Comments:

Blogger LosingSanity said...

I don't even want to meet the "bird" that could drop that kinda doodo on an aerial fly by! Hopefully it is a flying Great Dane! LOL.

I would love a new ride, too. mine doesn't look too bad on the outside..although paint is starting to peel and it does have scratches and some small dents. It does have over 200,000 miles on it and it rides like crap. But, someday.....

7:47 pm  
Blogger Lilsoutherngirl said...

I am such a car snob.... I would never be seen in a unsightly car..My car is less than 2 yrs old and already I am looking at a new one....and mine is practically brand new....

8:21 pm  
Blogger -Lo said...

OHHHHHH Helen! I would so drive in that van with YOU! I would turn up the music and rock out with you girl!

I would totally help you scrub that chihuahua shit off too!!! (After a margarita or three!!!!)

Soon you will get a new shiny car that will smell lovely and be so shiny no bird would dare crap upon it!!!!

8:37 pm  
Blogger The other me said...

Ha..i can picture us out in the birdshitrustandscratch-mobile, we would be the envy of all posh car ladies who would look upon our laughing faces ( that would naturally be being fed delicious chocolate at the same time as laughing ) and they would for sure be willing to trade their lovely new cars for just a single afternoon of our joyful lives.
Of course, if we were out in a shiny car with no birdshit, well....we would be the envy of all we surveyed. Shiny cars are the dogs bollocks ( whoops, slip up on the quest for Christ like living there for a moment) but happy lives, good friends with laughing and joy....priceless.

9:19 pm  
Blogger -Lo said...

Helen....

Are dogs ballocks a good thing????

I mean dog balls?? Is that good. Do tell.

I wish i could buy you a new shiny car! If i win the lottry i so will. Ill drop it off as i pass by to see kingerdingerwinger.....
_love

2:40 am  
Blogger The other me said...

Dogs bollocks are about as good as it gets!!

7:33 am  
Blogger -Lo said...

I am so ganna say that now Helen! Like when Im in the mall...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhahhahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
*holdonimustcrackupforasec*
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

When Im in the mall and the lady at Gotchalks shows me a purse or something, i am so going to delight in saying "ALLLRIGHT that is SO the DOGS BALLS!"
JUST.
LIKE.
THAT!!!!

I swear....Imma pee myself.....

ACK!

1:32 pm  
Blogger dawn! said...

sorry...but that is so funny! hysterical! i used to have a car like that. it was so bad that the driver side door did not open. so i had to crawl all 5 foot 10 of me through the passenger side of that beast!

10:44 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home