Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Saturday, October 14, 2006

" if it hurt, it mean it work"

I discovered today why these people wanted me to pay up front for the 5 sessions...because if you hadn't handed over the hard cash already you could SO easily tell yourself to never go back. Thankyou.
My poor old body was all dead and nerved out, when I went last time and thought rather smuggly that ha ha stuff doesn't hurt me, stuff like needles anyway. I didn't realise that little Dr tough hands was going to batter some feeling back into my legs. I felt those buggers go in today.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I really felt them and not the teeny thin needley prick, the bloody hell that hit a BIG NERVE sensation.
" Oh" I said " actually that hurt a bit more than last time" ( don't you love how English and polite I am? )

He laughed ( sadist) and said " if it hurt, it mean it work"
And he had hardly started.

It was different today, more needles to the head. less to hands and arms ( handy for when I snuck my camera out, although let me say people, I hope you all appreciate it because when you have needles stuck in arm muscles and have to reach back and get a camera out it hurts, a big lot. Ow. )
Also the massage. Different. I asked myself,at the same time I was telling myself that there are children having chemotherapy and being brave for heaven's sake stop being such a bloody wuss, I asked myself how such a little chinese mans hands can cause such pain...I know he didn't have a corkscrew in his hands, why does it feel like he is screwing one right through my calf????
He did my neck and back today and now, now it's finished I fell so great I could climb a mountain, or even do some ironing later, but while it was happening I thought I was going to hear a snap noise to go with that breaking kind of agony. He knocked skin off...honestly...look

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Revolting isn't it, the whole bed was covered in my back skin, he hit it off, it fell off and ran for safety because he was hurting it so much.

Also......blood

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

that's my blood right there.
I feel like it's going to work, I can move my head.....my neck has been so tense for so long I had forgotten how to move it well. Yeay.
The past 2 nights I have had twitching, it has woken me up but it has stopped when I moved, not hurt me for 4-5 hours. If it is that much better already, I am going to be a masochistic, chinese, beating little man lover before you can say pummel my twitching legs.
I wanted Lo with me to take funny pictures and help me see the funny side. It does have a funny side. Blogs are great aren't they? You will put yourself through all kinds of things just so you can tell the world about it.

Update...one hour later I am weeping like a stupid cry baby, do you think it is getting some more sad out ?

more update.....5 hours later, have stopped crying, keep sniggering , am imagining little chinese man going home and saying to teeny chinese wife " I love my job ( said in chinese accent of course) I beat the crap outta this woman today ...and she'd already PAID me, there wasn't a thing she could do, the best part? I get to do it again on tuesday.....ha there ain't no job like it"

Oh I forgot to say, the teeny interpreter lady came in mid pummel and they were chatting, all sounded so professional until I swear, I SWEAR I heard him say " Pilaf and tandoori" He did, he said it...he was ordering his dinner, an Indian takeaway!!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger LosingSanity said...

Ouch!!! You are definitely brave!

4:07 pm  
Blogger mom of 2 said...

Thanks for the pictures...great!!

Glad that it's working!

8:59 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I don't think you could ever sell me on it Helen. But, since you are giving it a try, I hope it works for you.

9:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IM GANNA ORDER ME UP SOME ACUPUNCTURE! IT SOUNDS POSITIVELY WONDERFUL. IT DEFINITELY SOUNDS LIKE IT RE ROUTES SOME SYNAPSE IN YOUR BRAIN. MUM, I KNOW YOU MUST HAVE PANICKED FOR A MINUTE IN YOUR HEART, HAHAHAHAH! YOUR BOY

11:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I DO love how English and polite you were when he was jabbing needles into your leg nerves.

I'm not sure what a Texan would say there. I would venture to guess it would be something like:

"Holy mack'rel! I'm 'agunna tell ya whut, thet hurts like a son-uva bitch! Shoot."

Sadly, I am not exaggerating.

12:13 am  
Blogger -Lo said...

Oh helen. I do wish that I could come with you. Ill hide under the table and pop out and snap pictures when they leave.
Ill hide behind the curtain and say in a chinese accent.
"why you no caaaall me?"

Id make you laugh so hard those needle jobies would be shaking!!
Also yes. That skin is gross.
Im so glad he is helping!
I cant wait to hear about your next session!

4:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got some accupuncture when I was younger for my asthma! People say that it doesn't hurt. They lie. There was one that they always put right b/w my eyes. OUCH!!! Hope that you've recovered!!

2:30 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home