Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Back to normality...

Not that normality is normal in this house but happy is good, fun is good, being able to talk to people without shrinking and cringing and hating myself is great.
Went for coffee today with lovely Donna, we went to a posh coffee shop, and I had hot chocolate, in a tall glass without cream, marshmallows and chocolate flake but with chocolate muffin. Shoot me.
We were having a pleasant and ladylike time when 2 young whippersnapper employees ran hell for leather through our pleasantness, in a most unprofessional manner, not condusive to pretending we were sophisticated and carefree ladies out for coffee.
"Tut tut said Donna , how unprofessional"
" Indeed, said I " except i think I heard one of them yell, 'where's the stopcock?' as she ran past.
" oh. well, maybe that will excuse them then"
Indeed they were looking for the stopcock which they didn't find because the lights went out and water poured through the ceiling.
Typical.
Ate my muffin though, oh yes, in the dark, with water cascading..first things first and all that.

I am going to become a new agey type hippy. I am sick of stupid meds making me more mad and stupid than I already am....I have been thinking about reflexology, aromatherapy and having needles stuck in me, anything has to be better than pumping myself full of things that cause mayhem to my poor and weary body.
I need cures for insomnia, twitchy legs with a mind of their own and anxiety.
Sara, who reads my blog and has 3 of the most divine children alive ( who luckily are truly beautiful because they are really REALLY busy and inquisitive, read her blog and find out how busy!!) well, she emailed me today, right after my decision to be all tree hugging and natural and said that her mum is a holistic therapist...hoorah, send me to her. Hopefully she will come and visit and we can talk about her mum and Acora and children who are too darn clever for their own good ( jack is just 4 and can read like a grown up kid, watch the video of him reading, its amazing) He is so like Seth in so many ways.

I am really keen on the idea of acupuncture, there is a place near by that deals in acupuncture and I shall be looking into it very soon. I wonder if I am lacking something if the idea of having needles stuck in my person is appealing. What the hey......I have to find something, right?

I am trying to come up with an agenda for this party that has become the talk of the town, it is going to be in 3 stages. School friends. Families. Big kids friends ( where I shall be the most terrifying thing in the house if they push their luck!!)

I want, for the little people to have cookie decorating and making witches hands. 4.30-6pm, long enough, send them home full of food and happy memories.

Next, the families, many of whom will include teens, young ones, keen to be scared..so that's where I am kind of stuck. I could do the fear walk, peeled grapes in dish soap ( eyeballs). Cold spaghetti in sauce for brains, that kind of stuff, blindfolded. Max's CDs will be great here as they are so spooky.

Jordan and Sophie's friends, well they wil pretty much care for themselves. As long as there is food they will be happy. Maybe get some freaky scarey DVDs for them to watch.

Food. We have so much stuff that is sweet, cupcakes, chocolate, candy. cookies, all halloweeny of course.
Savoury food, maybe make a huge pan of my home made tomato spaghetti...it's delicious, could have garlic bread. Could make jellies ( jello) and put jelly fangs and snakes in them. Cheesy doritos with dip......green if I can manage it.

No alcohol..maybe Coke and Fanta, black and orange drinks. Give me any ideas you may have..Lacey sent some cool ones, we'll be using some of those for sure.




7 Comments:

Blogger LosingSanity said...

You can't live with your meds and me, i can't live without them. If i don't have mine, im downright unbearable. But, mine are specifically for my depression and such. I do hate having to take pills to be "normal" though. I wish I could just be like "everyone else" without having to take them. But, i have decided that I can be miserable and pill free or can be happy and enjoy life, while on pills.

Anyway, sounds like party plans are coming right along. YOu could google some halloween punch ideas and see what you find. I'm too tired these days for any original ideas, myself. I feel much like a zombie! But, im sure btwn some searches and good ideas from your readers, you will have details figured out in no time!!!

1:58 am  
Blogger MamaTink said...

I hope the med issues settle soon Helen. It must be so unbearable not being able to live inside your own skin in a somewhat normal way :)

As for the Party, first, I want to come :( lol...second! Go here...

www.kraftcanada.com They have a whole section on Halloween food! I think the Coffin sandwiches, witches fingers and the veggies and brain dip look like great ideas!!

Have fun :)

~Lisa~

11:48 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I'm not sure how you could entertain the teenagers. They might enjoy the eyeballs and other things you have for the little ones.

Here they have haunted hay rides and haunted houses for the older kids. Not sure if you could do a haunted house though. :)

Sounds like fun to have a party that is the talk of the town. :)

12:23 pm  
Blogger JEFFY said...

MUM!!!! COOKIE DECORATING?? YOU NEED TO SIT THEM LITTLE TYKES DOWN IN A CIRCLE AND SCARE THE BEJESUS OF OF EM! TELL EM ABOUT ROBERT THE DOLL AND HOW HE MOVES AND HES THE ORIGINAL CHUCKY! (SEE MY "PRINCE BLOOD BLOG") LITTLE KIDS LIKE TO HEAR GHOST STORIES! WELL BUT ANYWAY SOMETIMES LITTLE KIDS NEED TO KNOW THERE IS THINGS IN THE WORLD THAT CAN.......HURT UM. HALLOWEEN IS A WAY TO INTRODUCE SAFE FEAR TO A CHILD IN SMALL DOSES .....SO HE CAN HANDLE THE BIG STUFF LATER. SCARE UM A LITTLE BIT....NOT A LOT. KISS

12:43 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

So glad you're feeling better. Lately I've been toying around with the idea of visiting an accupunturist for my gastric problems... still a little chicken but I'm working my way towards it.

Let me know how it goes with you.. my sister swears by hers.

Hugs

Julie

2:42 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

If I won the lottery, I would so sneak over the pond in a scary costume and scare the living be-all out of you at your party! Then we'd laugh and laugh, and you'd not even notice twitchy legs.
Seriously though, i hope the acupuncture thing works.
My SIL went the whole holistic medicine route for my nephew who is ADHD. Her sister is a holistic therapist and created a concoction that did better for him than any traditional meds. His teachers were even raving about it within 2 weeks - complete turnaround. He's almost 9 now and purely delightful!
I'm off to go get that lotto ticket now ;)

3:01 pm  
Blogger -Lo said...

Helen, i am finally getting to comment on this! Im so excited about your partyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!
Dawn and i are ganna do the fright walk thing too..its ganna be fun!
Cant wait to see your pics

MUAH!

1:07 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home