Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Monday, October 09, 2006

When Marilyn comes....





I want to go here because it is very beautiful and you can shop and shop and look at lovely things and see street acts.

And here because you can't visit London and not go here, but you have to dress nicely and behave or you aren't allowed in......la de da.

If we are feeling at all guilty for leaving our children ( and in all truth that SO isn't a plan at all) we might have to pop into THIS SHOP
and not buy anthing because, hell, with those prices we could so eat somewhere posh later.

When we come back to my house and see how not clean and tidy it is because, H, who is a bit gorgeous and splendid but is a man, who can look after 3 children or clean but both? I suspect not. Throw in his refound love of genealogy, a laptop and an iMac I think he loves a litle bit more than me....I don't hold out much hope for a gleaming house that smells of febreeze and crisp new sheets. No, I don't. Sorry Marilyn.
Well we will definately go to Acora because Marilyn wants to and he is brilliant.

We will eat H's homebaked scones and cream.
Fish and chips, pasties and Indian food from the take away around the corner that I was so going to post a link to but ARGH!! scarey people might then know where I live, yikes. Be careful , almost forgot.

I am looking forward to driving Marilyn around our tiny streets and taking her shopping in quaint shops, ye olde ones even. Pub lunches and as much as we can cram into those to few days.

I'm even looking forward to getting the bus to London, all on my own and peaceful. Waiting at the airport for my lovely friend who looks after grandpa and made me feel at home for the first time in that big old country that wasn't friendly to me. Typical that the decision to move had already been made when Marilyn moved into the house next door.
Never mind, I have never regretted coming home, not even for a second. I am beyond excited that Marilyn is coming here though. Can't wait!!
Are your bags packed yet Marilyn?



9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Helen, I'm so ready. I wish I had more time there. Everything sounds terrific that you have planned. Maybe I can come this summer like I had planned with the kids. I'm eating all my mingles and excercise so I can eat all the yummy food. I have told Grandpa I'm coming and it's my turn to take things and bring things back for him. One more month. I've got my passport pic taken and am going to apply for my passport tomorrow. All my paperwork is in order. I'm so ready and no I haven't packed!!!

Marilyn

3:25 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot I don't care how clean your house is; don't forget I have 2 kids and they know how to make messes. Like being unable to walk in their rooms because the floor has toys everywhere. I emailed you my flight info.

4:12 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MUM. I HAVE A BAT ON MY POINTER WHEN I COME TO YOUR BLOG! THIS IS A CREEPY COMPUTER IM ON! BATS AND STUFF!
ISNT IT SO WONDERFUL THAT YOU HAVE AN OCTOBER VACATION COMING UP? WHAT A WONDERFUL TIME TO SHOP, OCTOBER! IS IT IN OCT. OR MAYBE NOVEMBER, I GOTTA RECAP!
YOUR FRIEND SOUNDS NICE. KISS MAX

6:16 am  
Blogger The other me said...

HA HA...I set it up so everyone gets a bat when they come to my blog!! Shame that the get your own cursor button goes right on my blog but nothing moves it.

6:55 am  
Blogger Lilsoutherngirl said...

I wish I were coming to visit you.. I soooooo bad want to see Acora

1:15 pm  
Blogger mom of 2 said...

All of it sounds wonderful...I want to come too!! Your H sounds like my hubby! He does great at either taking care of the kids or cleaning the house, but certainly not both on the same day at the same time!!

3:05 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Sounds like lots of fun!!!

6:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally jealous!

BIL went to Cambridge and everyone went to visit but us -- I was having babies, as usual!

Can't wait to hear all about it. But Halloween comes first, right? REALLY can't wait to hear about that.

Rachel

11:02 pm  
Blogger Lisa said...

Harrods was AWESOME! WE went on New Years Day (for our honeymoon) and it was absolutely CRAZY for their annual sale.

It's the place I got my English teapot and tea cups :)

3:58 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home