Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Sunday, October 08, 2006

OK you guys....

It has come to my attention that we bloggers have one thing in common and that is that we are sufferers of all kinds of mental issues, from depression to multiple personalities to the worst case of all which is Lo syndrome..that's a scary one because if you have Lo syndrome you are obsessed with willies and go around taking pictures of weird stuff with a cell phone and also, you have parties a lot.
I have noticed that the funnier the blogger ( Dad gone mad / Dooce) the deeper the depression they admit to.
Based on that little nugget of information I ought to have you all rolling in the aisles today.
My head is bad, my temper is worse and I am utterly grateful that none of you can hear my mouth today.
What a hateful day. What a hideous way to feel.
I would love to make light of Elijah playing with his pee ( that at least is in his potty yeay!) how fabulous if I could laugh at the screaming and general chaos that is our home today. ( they sense it, don't they? Hmmmm mum seems miserable today, lets see if we can tip her over the edge)
I would love to use my boys pad today, a nice quiet padded room with no access to this world until I am ready again, til those meds that have made me this way are out of my system and never to be near me again.
I am afraid that it isn't the meds, what if I was just having a rest from that misery, the anger, the fear and it's back, like the devil to ruin some more years and steal the joy again?
I can't see why it would be back, the pain isn't back, nothing new has happened to hurt me, it has to be the meds doesn't it?
I had stopped swearing, at my most unhappy, I swore like a fish wife, like a navvy, every other word a curse one. It had stopped, I found myself offended by such words and couldn't imagine that I had been such a foul mouth. Last night I walked ( staggered) into the kitchen and somehow knocked a piece of wood away from the kitchen wall, at the same time slicing the underneath of my foot. I thought ( or did I think??) everyone was in bed and I let rip...a stream of foul curses that did nothing to release the anger, and in seconds there was H.....gentle and quiet and just there, fixing the damn wood.
I feel so bad, really bad, sad and so cross and just wishing I could disappear and not have my family have to live with this horrible me anymore.
I just want to be normal.

Verification is back on so I don't have a momentary thrill of anticipation, hurry to read my comment and find ads for damned contact lenses, bad breath and acne. Gah!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Helen,

I'm so sorry! It IS the meds; don't let yourself believe it's anything else. And cut yourself some slack!

Sadly, I'm down today, too. I'm definitely under the influence of PPD, though MY meds should have kicked in by now.

The good news, though, is that Will was blessed today at church. MIL is still here, and BIL and family came, too. It was very nice.

Feel better soon, and remember to give yourself a break! It's ok to be down!

Rachel

8:37 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I can't stand myself some days either Helen. PMS has gotten to be an ugly time for me. Sometimes, I can (sort of) control it. But it is hard and I feel so down for what seems like forever. I think I get one good week a month where I feel good. And that is of course if things are going my way. ;)

I don't like those spammers either. Turned off my word verification for Lisa (mamatink) but only with the promise until "they" find me again.

I hope you feel better tomorrow.

10:11 pm  
Blogger odat_kim said...

*HUGS*
Kim

1:45 am  
Blogger odat_kim said...

When I was on an anti-depressant for a month (to see if it helped). The part that made me feel the best, was flushing the last pill down the toilet. It helped me feel I was taking ownership of the problem and control back and that I would win. Perhaps if you don't have any pills left you could flush an aspirin, or something else that can act as a vessel for the depression and pain. I'll pray and see if my gift for healing extends beyond infertility and cancer.

1:49 am  
Blogger odat_kim said...

Well the spirit is moving for you, it's 10pm here, should be 2am there. I'll continue now.
Kim

1:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HELL MUM! YOU SHO NEED TO GET OFF THAT. IM SORRY YOUR WEEKEND WAS BAD. PRAYING THAT YOU BE OK SOON!

9:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THOSE PICTURES OF YOUR BOYS ARE SO BEAUTIFUL AND PRECIOUS.

9:52 am  
Blogger Lilsoutherngirl said...

Hope you feel better soon..

1:37 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

It is the meds. Be sure to talk to the doc about it. It could also be just a funk that you are in, too. I get like that sometimes. IT lasts for a few days then is over. Remember to do something nice for yourself each day. hang in there, it will get better!

4:20 pm  
Blogger JEFFY said...

WELL MUM, HOPING YOUR DOCTORS VISIT CAME OUT OK AND YOU'LL START FEELING LIKE YOUR SWEET SELF SOON. YOU WRITE SO BEAUTIFUL, MUM! SOME OF THE TERMS YOU USE I HAVENT HEARD OF AND ITS VERY INTERESTING. YES, SO MANY PEOPLE SUFFER DEPRESSION AND HAVE BIPOLAR DISEASE AND OTHER MENTAL AGONIES, AND WHATS SAD IS SO MANY MANY PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING AND ARE UNDIAGNOSED AND DONT HAVE HELP AVAILABLE, NOR THE MONEY TO GET HELP. SO MANY ARE WOMEN THAT HAVE TO WORK OR STAY HOME AND KEEP THE KIDS. I LOVE YOU MUM KISS YOUR BOY MAX

5:32 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home