Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Friday, September 29, 2006

Yippee!! And please tell me.

I have just come from the doctor.....cause for celebration ? you ask, she must get a life. It is indeed cause for celebration, lovely girl doctor called me " Helen, come on through" ( worrying when your doctor calls you as if you are her best friend, anyhoo) "Wow, you look GREAT! You have really lost weight haven't you."
Love this doctor, love her, would marry her if she wasn't a girl and I wasn't married to H. Would have to be a lesbian too so perhaps I wouldn't actually marry her but would definately be her very best friend.
I explained about my damn legs which actually have spread to be restless legs, ankles, neck and arms and how every night I weep and twitch and just growl with misery. It is now 4am before this pain stops, I can't do it. Grumpy tired me.
So, I did see a rotten doctor last week who always appears so bored , so weary of fat women moaning about this and that and take this medicine woman and get the hell out of my room. ( didn't actually say that but I read minds, I could hear him think it) i looked up the medicine, an anti convulsant no less, it said quite clearly DO NOT TAKE IF YOU HAVE A HISTORY OF DEPRESSION, OR IF YOU HAVE LOST A LOVED ONE RECENTLY. Duh. Knew he was bored and not paying attention.
I really liked the part that says this will make you drowsy, loved that idea, we like drowsy, woozy, sleepy, comatose. Love that. Hate the highly addictive part ( although maybe could sell them to pay for oil change on car that has a light glaring, telling me it needs new oil, more money. )
So, I didn't take them although last night I almost did as I was desperate. I talked it out with lovely girl doctor who said she could see I was thinner, so I believe her, she said she has been researching this and indeed this IS a good medicine, that if I take it it will stop the misery, it will also stop the nerve pain that feels like freezing cold water down my right butt cheek. It will help me sleep and make me feel better. If I start to slip into a depression they will help me get off it and try something else.
I liked her so much that I admitted my few weeks of pig loving, stuffing fit to bust and then we decided that I should step on the scales that have been monitoring my weight journey. Yippee, I have only gained TWO POUNDS! Hoorah.

I am being cleansed, ewwwww the good food is riding my body of the junk, it isn't very pleasant or comfortable but it is marvellously cleansing. I am nauseatingly cheerful, albeit in a farty kind of way. I am back on the wagon again. 3 stone, 45 lbs, 47 actually. It is entirely doable. Do it I shall.
Imagine if I do it and at the same time get some sleep without spasming legs and breaking ankles. Heavens above it will be like paradise on earth in this house.

Oh and....I want to know, because I am nosey, when is your birthday, what star sign are you? Lo got me thinking.....me and she are Leo, so is H, Seth, Isaac, Eli, Jordan and Dan missed being Leo by couple of days. Sophie is a pisces.
July 24th is my birthday. So when is yours??

7 Comments:

Blogger Lilsoutherngirl said...

Hurray for Helen!!!!! you can totally do this.. and I will be here to cheer you on...You seem happier all ready..Hurray for Helen!!!

6:16 pm  
Blogger JEFFY said...

Look at you all happy and farty! Now thats progress Mum! I love it! I TOLD you you ought to take that medicine. Everything I take almost has all these sideeffects, but Im cool with it. Love my package and the stuff! Kiss King!

7:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2nd February. Aquarius. Not a typical one apparently. Far too organised and "anal" for that. I don't dream enough to be a typical Aquarian. Shame, I quite fancy being all ethereal and floaty in an Aquarian sort of way.

8:27 pm  
Blogger odat_kim said...

Sept 8 Virgo (and Rat in the Chinese astrology, Virgo and Rat have many similar traits).

So happy for you that the female doctor is so understanding, listens and noticed the loss, wooppee!

10:23 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I hope the medicine works for you Helen. Anything is worth a try. :) And woo hoo for only gaining 2 pounds. It will be gone before you know it!

January 11th, I'm a capricorn, just like my honey, Zachary and Amanda. :)

11:14 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Woohoo!!! good Job!

And Im a Leo as well (aug 11)

5:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

April 24. I guess I'm the only Taurus around here! Woohoo for nice doctors. You just can't beat them!

3:03 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home