Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Monday, September 25, 2006

Sorry about that


I had a post yesterday it was a Sunday post and probably a great one, I had started it and was taking my time and then Sophie came home, she talked to me. One of these days I will have to video her talking so you can understand where I am coming from. There should be an olympic speciality for speed talking about nothing but throwing the odd gem in just to keep your mother on her toes.
She was telling me about her friends and the boy she liked and the books she is going to write ( talking ones probably, without punctuation) and I sort of wanted to tell her how my ambitions are less adventurous, a damn blog entry at 1am would suffice for now, but hey, it's good to talk isn't it? With your teenagers anyway, so I sat and stared into space until she told me that Al, who she had been sort of going out with and was nice to her was TWENTY SIX and she hadn't told me that bit because she thought I might mind.
I then remembered the conversation we had about how old would be the oldest she could date ( my answer had been that it was impossible to say, that actually I thought she would be better with someone a bit older, she said how about 26 and I think I snorted) She would certainly be better with someone older than her because she is hard work, but precious and needs understanding. 26 might be a bit too much older and anyway seems he has a 'missus'. Lord help me.
Then my brain farted and I went into a sort of coma.
She stopped talking, which was a blessing but my fingers had frozen into a claw, so the blog entry about lovely floaty sunday things never happened.
Sorry, I have a teenage daughter. Just the one girl and 5 boys. That is something to be very grateful for, Thankyou God.

6 Comments:

Blogger JEFFY said...

OH LORD YEAH! CAUSE I SHO AM ONE TO TALK. JESUS YOU JUST NEED LOT OF PRAYER AND LOT OF RICE PAPER BIBLE PAGES. OH LORD! OH LORD!

11:31 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

I dated an older guy when i was younger....i wasted almost 7 yrs with the bloomin idiot! My parents were very much against it, but i insisted it was love, yadda yadda! I wish I woulda listened to them. Ah well, can't undo the past and not sure i would want to, bc i wouldn't be where I am today, married to a great (most of the time anyway) guy with 2 beautiful kids.

How old is Sophie? And how mature is she? And if Al is a great guy that brings out the best in Sophie, who knows..it may be ok. At any rate, I wish you luck. I know i put my parents through heartache when i was younger.

12:41 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

My oldest daughter is 19 and I would have a problem with her dating a 27 year old. Especially one with a missus.

I don't know what else to say Helen. (((Big Hugs))) to you.

1:02 pm  
Blogger Lilsoutherngirl said...

I have always liked older guys. I don't think the age is as important as the missus.. That poses quite a problem

2:15 pm  
Blogger The other me said...

I questioned the missus, aparantly that means a girlfriend aquired since she stopped sort of seeing him! Phew..ish.

2:59 pm  
Blogger dawn! said...

everyone tells me i talk to fast and know what i tell em?? "You just listen too slow!"

2:13 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home