Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Ooops, better explain that one!!

Just thought i ought to explain the rather flippant comment about stabbing the first one. I did do that. Yikes. He was fine, I can't excuse what I did but I shall explain.
He left when Sophie was 10 weeks old, for another woman, who he couldn't live without, who understood him ( the originality was just mindblowing) He couldn't live without her for about 5 weeks or so until he met another woman he couldn't live without....see the pattern?
Anyhoo, while he was living without me but not the others I was not recovering from a big surgery that went horribly wrong.
I was also struggling to care for 2 little boys but not a baby girl, she was with gramma who didn't have a 9 inch gaping hole in her upper belly. The little boys had been abducted and abused but the first one said he couldn't help with that because a he didn't believe it and b) his girlfriend needed him, his girlfriend of about 10 days that is.
I moved, got my baby back, didn't get my belly back in tact though, had the gaing hole for 5 months.
I did get a particularly beautiful boyfriend , who boosted my ego but didn't mend my heart. The first one minded very much that I had said beautiful boyfriend. He minded so much that one day, after a visit with his children, he stood in my kitchen and told me that he thought I was a slut and that it might be a good idea to tell my family just what a useless piece of crap Iwas and oh.....I should probably watch my back and make sure the windows are locked at night because , hey... one night he might feel like taking the children.
Oooooh hang on...new baby...marriage break up, major surgey, complications of major surgery, kids abducted, house move....might be a bit unstable, ( with good cause) might find this the very thing that might cause a wobble.
"Right" said I" if you want to leave here alive, might be a good idea to get out of my house RIGHT NOW"
and he laughed.
He LAUGHED.
As well as laughing, he didn't move. He did ask me why I was rooting through the cutlery drawer, so I explained that I was looking for the carving knife that wouldn't bend.
Amazing in a way that after 5 years he hadn't quite grasped the fact that when I say something, I mean it. He stood there and laughed at me again and reminded me that he could take the children any time he wanted.
Oh dear. So, with my mind a bit unstable but my righteous indignation in perfect form.....I whacked him with the unbendy knife in the shoulder. I think I had enough presence of mind to know that would hurt, but not kill him. I was right. The knife however, did bend.

So......there we are, my one and only foray into a life of crime. Inexcusable, but all turned out well because he actually understood, suddenly that he had gone too far and that maybe he might be well advised to think before he threatened me again.

Now, that was the past...into the present we go. Darn it.. if real life hasn't been happening all day and I seem to have missed out on some kind of internet drama. Isn't that just the story of my life.

Real life wasn't too much fun today.....I can't somehow stand even to write about it but it all evened out by the end of the day, as it does and what made it all OK was being calm. No rushing in yelling and accusing but just stepping back, taking a breath and then some reasonable talking on all sides to discover what caused all hell to break loose with seemingly no warning.
Once I ( yes, naturally I was in the middle) spoke to the others and heard the whole story, it was relatively easy to restore peace and harmony in our home.

I think there is a moral to that little tale.

Be calm, ask questions, listen and talk. It works.







3 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

I am fairly sure I would have done the same thing Helen. No, I'm positive!

I hope you have a better day tomorrow. Today doesn't sound too good.

2:31 am  
Blogger MamaTink said...

Good for you Helen. I hope it hurt like hell.(The knife on the ex, not whatever bad thing happened today!!!)

Hugs!! You don't ever deserve crap like what you've been through.

~Lisa~

6:19 pm  
Blogger dawn! said...

he so deserved that!!

4:28 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home