Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Monday, September 18, 2006

All blogged out with no place to flow...

Can you believe it? Can't think of a thing to say, apart from Jordan has signed up for the army, he oculd be gone by January, he has applied for the artilliary, yes, front line guns and tanks and things. Ye gads. Think not of it til we get the papers. He has stopped drinking, he has been running and eating and sleeping and I am trying not to think about how healthy and strong his body will be, for horrible people to shoot at. Call me a mother why don't you?
Do we ever stop thinking like a mummy, you know, that " just try and hurt my baby, come on, see what you get ..if you think you're hard enough" ?
I went to collect him from the recruiting office and the mother in me ( the one that gets a bizarre kind of thrill from making my big kid cringe, just a bit...) that mother so wanted to ask, with a bit of a serious face, if people would be shouting at my boy because he doesn't like that and if you give him chocolate he will be a good boy and do what you want. But I didn't.I do feel happy that he is happy...that he has a purpose and a goal, that he has a future he is excited about. The rest, well, what can I do? I gave him life, can' t live it for him. I just have to smile and tell him he is great, encourage his desire to be an adult and independant and cry when he goes. I appreciate that he could just as easily get knifed in a nightclub as shot in Iraq. Lovely. Nothing like a mothers worries!!

I can tell you that our life here is pretty darn hunky dory, my husband is glorious, my kids are loud and happy, busy and clever.
We are so excited about Halloween, SO EXCITED!! The chocolate parcels are ready to mail and I am taking some deep breaths in order to prepare myself for the cost. I am going to do them 2 at time....which will be about £30ish.......there are 9 to mail, that's big pennies but worth every one. They will all get out and I will let you know when yours is on its way.
Kim....haven't found the DR who books yet, I was daft enough to go into W.H Smiths on a saturday, lost the will to live at the size of the queue and came home!! I will keep looking, honestly!
The reaction we have had about the party is unbelievable, it is becoming a talking point, we have to do this in a SPECTACULAR way!! WHOOHOO. The spare room is the epi centre of operation HALLOWEEN!
Watch his space.
Apart from that, nothing to say. Sorry.

8 Comments:

Blogger odat_kim said...

S'alright about the books, I found them here finally (about 6 months later than in the UK). Jenn and I sent our parcel today, you should get in about a week (it went air mail). Just send me some of that lovely candy you keep taking pictures of, send it with the package back to Jenn, cheaper to send 2 loads in one package, at least from Canada to England, and I do just live 3km from Jenn, I nice fall walk :)

9:06 pm  
Blogger The other me said...

GREAT!! I will do that then, very exciting thanyou! I am also so jealous that you guys actually know each other and see each other, in real life and everything!!

10:04 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Helen, perhaps I need to send more Halloween napkins! I sent 3 packs of 16 count. But, it's sounding like you are going to have quite the bunch! I can send some more, as they will arrive in 4-7 days. Just let me know!

12:35 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I remember when my brother joined the air force. He was like my baby and I was so worried about him. Sometimes he still feels more like my son than my brother.

Halloween sounds like fun at your house! I wish my boy could enjoy it, but it's fun to know that your boys do. :)

Oh and it should be a spooktacular way. ;)

2:14 am  
Blogger JEFFY said...

Mum, I got 2 halloween cd's, you want i should send em to ya? they pretty scarey, by manheim steamroller! awesome! kiss king

3:56 am  
Blogger dawn! said...

you should be so proud of jordan...i am sure you are. but i would be a frightened mess!

4:54 am  
Blogger -Lo said...

Im excited sooooooooo excited bout those yummy chocolates (BUt send us last...k? we can wait Its expensive i know!)

12:26 pm  
Blogger odat_kim said...

Well Jenn and I have known each other a long time, she was maid of honour at my wedding. Her hubby and I went to university together, and her blog inspired me to start blogging, so it wasn't like we met through blogging.
Kim

10:31 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home