Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Friday, September 15, 2006

We've gone a bit mad.

It has to be a 'could he be more splendid ?'post.H, of course.
The thing about him is this, my mum says that H and I, well, in any given situation, I react, as in What???? Wassat? What do you mean? WAHHHHHHH, hit something, run away, laugh, you know, that kind of stuff. H, well, he appears not to notice anything is going on, he responds. He listens, takes it in, thinks on it and then works on it, without a word usually.
I rant, when I am emotional ( emotions? why? what's that all about?) what is in my head comes out. Ouch. Ahh relief. Feels better to get that off your chest doesn't it?
H. He thinks. I have learned as the years go by to think before I say what I am feeling, then if I am sure I feel it, then I say it, nicely. I have learned this because the H has a memory like an elephant and a heart like a thing with a big heart.
I told him about Acora and the not being much fun comment, I told him because it is true and we all know it and accept it and love the very bones of his unspontaneous self. As the words came out of my mouth I saw a fleeting look of pain, really fleeting. Not a word, not a sound.
Very quietly he has become a new man. Wheeeeeeeeeeee! I have seen him in bumper boats doing spinning turns getting soaked, i have watched him laughing and playing. He is beyond enthusiastic about the halloween party and today..today.....get a load of this.
I went with Jordan to the army recruiters again. I looked 'roun dthe town while he did his stuff. Time flew and it was time to get the boys from school. We drove right to the school , parked up and went to the classroom. H was there...hmmm strange, happy day, mummy, daddy and Jordan all there to meet the gitlets.
" well" said H, "I thought this would be good, what do you think? "A pile of invites all printed inviting just about every classmate to our house tomorrow at noon, for movies, popcorn, ice cream and mayhem. We split we ran we handed out invites, we followed kids out of the gates......
Our house will be filled to the brim tomorrow at noon. The phone has been off the hook with acceptances. H was spontaneous, can you believe that? He wants 30 kids here with the mess and the noise.
Tonight I love him even more than chocolate, tomorrow, well ask me then because I might be a bit less fond of him, 30 kids under 7 with popcorn and sugar laden fizzy-pop. Frightening thought.

I am taking Eli-oh out in the morning so that H and the boys can turn our sitting room into a movie theatre. The memories. Is there ever a price you can out on those?

It is great to be in love with the person you are married to. Hoorah, for H... even if this has to be the most insane act of spontaneity ever!

Oh and I was so overwhelmed by my feelings for him that I stood in front of him in nothing but my underwear, with the lights on and everything...that'll teach him .

2 Comments:

Blogger LosingSanity said...

it sounds like such fun! The kids are gonna love it! And your son is gonna be one cool kid! Of course, H is gonna come off as being quite the cool dad, too!

And your "punishment" begs for more spontaniaty(sp) from H. LOL

1:19 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

It sounds like a lot of fun! Loud, but fun! :)

I love my guy too, but he'd never do anything like that.

7:02 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home