Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Ho Hum.

Blah. Not miserable but flat, can't really think of much to say, or write, of course, that might be because my brain has gone a.w.o.l. I have been a complete dimwit today. I forgot how to drive, it took four goes to park at Sainsbury's FOUR. What? I am a parking whiz normally, backing that old bus into any space in a jiffy. Today I couldn't do it! Idiot on wheels all day.
I suspect, though hate to admit, this is entirely due to my lack of enthusiasm to eat well. Ugh.
I am a little bit cheered by the fact that at least my head is beginning to feel the pull back to happiness. Food happiness that is. My head is happy when my mouth eats good food. My mouth is happy when when it eats chocolate and scones ( made at 4am by H) with jam and cream.
Damn mouth seems to be stronger than the head . Mouth also seems to be in control of hands, hands feed stupid mouth, making head equally stupid and cross and unable to be cheery and clever. Stupid mouth, bad hands.
There is a meeting at weight watchers tomorrow, I want to go but am unsure whether stupid mouth and hands will let me.
I wish I had a lovely fat friend that would come with me so I could be all competetive and show her what a crappy friend I am because na na na na na I'm going to lose more than you fatso.
I wish I had a bossy fitness coach. Someone to get me on the go and back to charging my way to school on foot.
Am I strong enough to say that tomorrow I am making myself get back to the happy place I was so recently? Head is so loudly yelling YES! Mouth isn't saying anything, is very quiet and probably wishing it could think about galaxy, hmmm can't think about it without head, there you mouth, take that! head isn't going to think about chocolate, now what are you going to do about it?
Anyone got the answer? Help me out here, someone click the switch and turn that determination back on...pleeeeeaaaasssse!

8 Comments:

Blogger JEFFY said...

MUM ME AND LAURIE ARE SO HAVING A DUFFUS DAY, SHE WROTE IT ON THE CANLENDAR, DUFFUS DAY...IM MOUTH OPEN SLOW TODAY....

9:17 pm  
Blogger -Lo said...

Duffus Day. No lie. Its on my calander....Calender...however you spell.

ACH. Im just ganna lie down and hopefully sleep it off!

9:37 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Crappy day here too! Don't know why. The kids had off. I suppose that could be part of it! Why why why why why do 14 year old boys tease so so so so so much????

No clue how to get the eating good bug back. If you figure it out, could you share? :) I had it for a while. A long while like you, but then one day, I gave in and I gave up. It's the easy way for me I guess.

12:05 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

You are too stubborn to just give up! So it won't be long and you will be back on track!

It has been a yucky day for me too. I didn't get much sleep and the day flew right on by. I accomplished absolutely nothing and the day is over. I am whipped and ready for bed. The sad part...i didn't even go to work...so i have no idea why i feel so tired and blah!

Here's to a better tomorrow...

12:48 am  
Blogger odat_kim said...

I give you a switch for your mouth and hands:
http://blobbot.blogspot.com/2006/08/i-had-to-admit.html

6:53 am  
Blogger DivaIsNotABadWord said...

Hello darling,

I don't know what you could say to yourself to keep the hands from grabbing naughty bits of food. I suppose everyday and several times a day you can remind yourself why you are doing this?

A toot toot to me because I haven't had Pepsi in 3 weeks now and last night, I usually have a snack in the evening and while habit wanted it I grabbed some water instead and voila! You are WORTH it Helen and don't you forget it okies?!

MUAH!

12:40 pm  
Blogger Lilsoutherngirl said...

HELEN!!!!!!
HELEN!!!!!!
She's our girl, if she can't do it noone can!!!!!!!!!!

***shakes pom poms********
I will be your cheerleader

1:42 pm  
Blogger odat_kim said...

I was reading the comment from "divasnotabadword" and the part about grabbing naughty bits of food. Perhaps if you just dropped the "of food" part you'd be OK :)
Kim

10:24 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home