Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Oh, to be in England.

I love living here, I really do. I cannot think of anywhere else I would rather be.
I woke up this morning and was a bit glum. Not sad, just glum. Now, do I take the dreaded anti depressants again? No. Have a nice day. What a great idea. I told H that I needed to have a nice day and by golly, I did.
I set off for Exeter, which is far enough away to feel like a trip and close enough to not be a hassle. Exeter has it all, shops and history and noise and , well just everything I needed.
I wondered briefly if I ought really have to called around and found myself some company, but really, I love my own company, I love not having to talk, it is heaven to know that I can wander or rush. I stood at the cash point waiting to get some cash out and behind me wee 2 women.
" where shall we go next?" said lady number 1.
" Oh I don't mind, " said wishy washy number 2.
" How about ....."
" Oh I'm easy, I'm not a decision maker"
There you have the best reason for going alone! Not that I know any wishy washy twits that don't know where they want to eat..as if! But I love just going where I want to go . I did that. All day. Marvellous.
I went in shops that sold glass and pretty things, I went to the pound shop and bought more halloweeny stuff.
cool stuff, for a £.
I had tomato and basil soup with crusty bread and read the paper, all on my own.
I walked my feet off, limped home in time to collect the boys and hand out invitations, hand out pizza, shower and go out again.
I had a meeting about a presentation the children are doing in church in december. I spent the evening with 3 of the loveliest ladies, we laughed and cried and ate chocolate.....lovely day. Another day without anti depressants, anti convulsants, sweating, twitching, misery and fear. One more down...many more to go.
I faced glumness and fought the bugger head on, take that depression.
My bruises have faded sufficiently for me to be able to face tomorrow's onslaught from my little chinese healing sadist. My back is still tender but maybe he will batter the bejeebers out of another part of my body tomorrow, we'll see, I just know that whatever he does I will suffer it gladly because this, well this feel better than anything I have felt for years. Years.
I went to the bakery a ew doors away and asked if they will bake me a stack of GREEN BREAD!! Ha ha....I am going to make green sandwiches with orange cheese, they might make me some black rolls too, this whole party has gone so way over the top it is at risk of being an embarrassent but I have had such a blast, the excitement is running high, I can hardly wait to begin decorating......and really can't wait to show you pictures.
I wish you could come!!
Tomorrow is a new day, hooray.
Am I getting on your nerves yet? Don't cheerful people irritate the crap out of you sometimes??
Suck it up...I think I might be here for a while.

5 Comments:

Blogger -Lo said...

No hellen NO!!!! Cheerful people never irritate me. They are lovely.
Like you. Now......im so excited for your party!!!!

10:51 pm  
Blogger mom of 2 said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! I like those alone shopping trips too...so nice to be able to do whatever I want for a change!

I can't wait to hear about the party and see the pictures...I do love Halloween! Also can't wait to hear about your next trip to the healing sadist...hehe!

12:57 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I don't think you could ever get on my nerves Helen. The party sounds like it is going to be so much fun! I look forward to seeing the pictures. :)

1:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, what do I need to do to get ready for a move to England?

Let's start a list...

5:18 am  
Blogger Lilsoutherngirl said...

I'm glad you are cheerful.. helps to make me feel better.

1:50 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home