Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, October 19, 2006

I am crispy. Yes I am.

I went for my treatment today. I got H to come with me, I wanted him to see what happens to me in the hands of such an innocent looking little man. He was enthralled but had to leave before the real fun began, he had such a close look at my tremoring needles..weird how I am as still as still can be and some needles shiver and some are still...pulsating energy we like to think! He watched the points where the needles go in turn red and swollen.....we know how to have fun my husband and I!
He was very pleased with himself and wanted me to be sure and tell everyone how he isn't afraid to come and watch that gory stuff.
Anywa, on arrival, I thought it time to raise a few questions during my before treatment consult with Dr speaks no English and Miss teeny weeny chinese translator. ( TWCT)
I explained just how miraculously improved life is already, he asked good questions and beamed with my replies (I didn't sweat once shopping yesterday) and then I asked
" Why is is so painful and why did I bruise so badly? "
Little conflab between the 2 in chinese, all sounds so official and important.
" Ah" says TWCT " Dr say, your case werry severe, he say all muscle so stiff, you werry crispy ( CRISPY???) even your blood wessle crispy, when Dr massage wessle break, it hurt, he need lot pressure to release muscle. Acupuncture make blood flow faster, clearer, more blood near surface, crispy wessel break. Dr know what he do, he make you well, it work .No?
He happy you get well so quick. It great."

So my crispy self is softening up and all will be well.

Todays treatment.
Long session wth needles, shorter massage which actually brought forth an "ooooooooooh dear life" or two.
The back was painful but I swear I could almost feel it working, he did something bizarre that felt like bouncing, he had fingers all in one spot and bounced his whole weight on it. Ouch.
He then did my legs and he did something that felt exactly as if he hooked his fingers behind those sort of cords/ tendons behind my knee, in the crook at the back...then, I tell no lie , he tried to play bluegrass with them, he twanged those buggers til I all but sang along. When it was over he said " today I gentle, next time, I use more pressure" Lawks.

It was disconcerting to feel the need to pass flatus ( I always knew my nursing degree would come in handy one day, pass flatus, how clever is that? I wrote fart before, not so impressive though, or lady like and I strive for ladylikeness at all times, being English and all) right as he was doing his mean old thing on the small of my back, I briefly thought about how difficult this was going to be, try gritting your bum cheeks to hold in wind when someone is beating the rythm out right about them...then it passed ( the need that is, not the gas) until...oh no...until he was squeezing my calf muscles, one handed, while the other hand was ON MY BUTTOCK! And his head, his head was right above my arse, I couldn't see, I just knew. I think the pain must have frightened the fart away, all was well, my dignity and his life were spared. This time.
HA ...had I let rip he might well have become crispy too. Seems only fair .

8 Comments:

Blogger Lilsoutherngirl said...

I am so glad you are on the way to feeling better....soon you will be tender and not crispy.

6:29 pm  
Blogger mom of 2 said...

Oh my gosh...I was belly laughing at the thought of you ripping one by the evil dr.'s head...too hilarious!! I am glad it's working though! And your hubby is so brave...I tell you Mr. Happy would've been laid out flat on the floor had he watched them poke needles in me!

Thanks for saying the nice things about my house! Tell your son that I had spent some time picking up before I took those pictures and that my son spent the morning throwing marbles and legos around the room and now it looks MUCH different!!

6:38 pm  
Blogger -Lo said...

Oh Hellbells!!! Oh GAWD!!! I feel so icky and sniffly and head coldy and you just made me laughhhhhhhhhhh and scare away amber!!! OHGOD. Lord your funny woman!
I so needed that today!!!

7:06 pm  
Blogger odat_kim said...

Well you did say you had sphyncter muscles extraordinaire, I certainly believe it :)

Thanks for the laughing to tears though.
Kim

7:20 pm  
Blogger mom of 2 said...

I had to come back and read it again it was so funny the first time...it was just as funny reading it the 2nd time around!!!

9:08 pm  
Blogger Lisa said...

OMG I seriously LOL at the flatus! It's perfect! And being English and all you should be ladylike :)

2:08 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Oh, Helen, you make reading so much fun!

Ah, well, hopefully your crispiness gives way to ummm, uncrispiness. Yeah, im in a goofy mood tonight!

Cheers to feeling better!

5:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I asked my husband how he would feel if someone...err...passed flatus during an adjustment, thinking that he would respond with the typical doctor answer of "oh, it happens all the time, we don't even notice it".

But instead he said he would think it was gross. Off the record, that is. On the record, he would think it was normal, because it happens all the time, you see.

So, if Little Chinese man hurts you TOO much next time, perhaps the flatus is a viable option!

6:05 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home