Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Friday, November 10, 2006

The eight things thing.

8 things you may not know and probably could care less about me.

1. I think mobile / cell phones are both a bane and a blessing to motherhood. Necessary when you have teenagers but every time I see a mother walking with her damn mobile to her ear chatting and ignoring that baby.....grrrrrrr makes me want to spit. I see babies in those little seats in the shopping trolleys, little arms and hands waggling and staring right at mummy..who is yakk-yakking on that damn phone. I see little people being dragged along the street while mummy gabbles on the phone. Precious moments that you can chat to the little person and they can learn and feel special, wasted.
Stupid phones.
When I see people driving and talk on the phone, blood boils.

2. I like my toast cold before I put butter on, I hate melted buttery soggy toast, I like it when it creaks because it is cold.

3. I hate hot drinks, maybe once a week I have hot chocolate, apart from that no hot drinks, no coffee, no tea, nothing. I love the smell of coffee, really love it. I tried it, well de-caff anway and the after taste? Ack. I love cold water and drink it fast, gulp gulp. ( and burp usually, how coarse)

4. I like bare feet, hate shoes, can't stand to have socks or shoes on in the house. I can't walk on carpet with tights on.

5. I chose my childrens' names, if my 2 husbands had named them they would be Trevor, Colin and Jane and ...wait for it....
Bobby, Johnny-Reuben and Jim. H has a son called Robby and he still wanted a Bobby. He is, quite frankly, mad. Talking of mad, it was me that welcomed another teenage girl into the house, with her phone and voice and talking and all that. My husband and I are well suited it would seem.
If I had more children I like the names Ezra, Abraham, Silas ( I fought for that with Eli but just couldn't persuade H, darn it) Ruby, Scarlett, Hannah and Phoebe.

6. I am not an animal lover, at all. I feel the need for a dog coming on but don't understand it and tell myself that it must be some weird baby replacement thing because really, dog pooh? No. Thankyou. Hairs all over the place? Yeah right.
Cats, quite like them but the flea thing? Make me hate the damn cat, fleas love my sweet blood and don't tell me about flea collars and drops behind the ears.....ick, fleas. And the smell of cat food, heave.
Any little cagey animals... I ask you, why?? What for? No.
Birds? scarey things..little tiny bones, beady eyes and flappy wings. Ewwwww.

7. Number 7 was so boring, which is funny because I am strangely drawn to the number 7. I like it, it makes me feel safe and cosy.

8. I have loved 3 men in my life. I never dated 'just because,' twice I had one date with someone that I was 'set up' with and hated it. The other men that I loved looked very much alike, the men that I liked but never dated looked the same, tall, dark and handsome. H is nothing like any of the other men I have liked or loved, not in looks or personality. ( which now I read back sounds like he is short, fair and ugly, so not true but the others? John Travolta look-a-likes, you get the idea. They could all have been in a line up looking for the same man and probably all would have been picked)
I chose the other men, I believe God chose this one.....He knows better than me!

If you read this....tag you're it.

Oh ..number 9 . I had my hair cut today. It is short. Oh dear.

1 Comments:

Blogger LosingSanity said...

Im the opposite with my toast...if i don't get it buttered as soon as it comes out, i don't want it. LOL. My dad is like you though..he likes it to cool first. Ill take soggy toast, thank you!

ok, ill try to work my brain to come up with 8 things...

9:47 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home