Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Friday, November 10, 2006

How did THAT happen?

Can you see any baby in there at all? Not even a bit. This is Eli's first school picture.In January he will actually be at the same school as Seth and Isaac, big boy. He even pees in the potty, lawks.
I think I want another baby but suspect that may well be because I can't have one. My sensible head knows I am too old now, too weary and too ready to do things during school hours that can actually be done quietly and throroughly.
There is a time and season and it is now time for me to let go of all things baby and take a breather ready for being a grandma ( although not yet thankyou !)
We are thinking that in a year or two we would love to do respite care again for handicapped babies and little people, when Jordan has moved out and Sophie is more settled then we can think about that. I loved doing that and we certainly have the room.
One way or another I am sure that there will always be children in my home. I cannot imagine it being any other way.
For now though I am watching this last baby of mine grow before my eyes and I am bretahing in every second ( except the ones when he poops, definately no breathing in then let me tell you!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

I know just how you feel Helen. Sometimes I think another one would be so fun too. But I'm tired. And I'm done and grandchildren (I'm in no hurry and neither are my children) can't be too far off.

I can see a little baby in him. Just like I still see it in my little boy. Especially when I look at how huge my big boy is!

11:54 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

He's sooo cute! They do grow so fast, though.

2:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope, no baby there, Helen, just a gorgeous grown-up boy. He's absolutely divine!

Rachel

4:51 pm  
Blogger KC's Blog said...

Eli is gorgeous, look at those beautiful eyes! Oh how they grow up so fast :(

9:14 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home