Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Home again home again, jiggety jig.

Home, at last after a bus ride that seemed to last for eternity. The boys are happy and Sophie is ecstatic to see me, H just looks tired and unshaven......the kitchen..well lets just say that NOT doing anything was a great move. H has done ironing and everyone else appears to have done laundry and then someone else has come along and wanted to do theirs, so they dragged the other stuff out and dumped it.....you'll have to imagine because I simply cannot take pictures, I would have to punch someone, probably, if I were forced to get photographic evidence of such damned inconcideration. Apart from that..hooray, home.
The time flew by in London, we loved it, I had such time to think clearly, actually think and work things out.
Before I went away I just couldn't see why I was going away and now I see just what good it did me to have some time to be utterly self indulgent....
I am recharged and raring to go, tomorrow I am going to blast through this house and change things. Here we are in this lovely home and it just defeats me, the boys have all together too much junk in their room, for one more night.
I feel ready to start as we mean to go on, until I can't go on. You know how it is.
Marilyn and I went out at the crack of dawn and saw Big Ben and the houses of Parliament...wanna see?
It is lovely to be back in dear old Devon where people take things slowly and they all talk English, I swear, the whole time we were in London I wasn't served, spoken to, driven, waited on or looked at by a single English person, not one! Polish, French, American, Spanish, German, Indian..... nobody understood me and I scarcely understood them! Now here I am where they all speak in 'debmshire' they say lover and me dear, and they chat when they serve you in the shop. Excitement is a great thing but so is normality.
So, pictures and then I am away to my shower and bed....ahhhh my own bed.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is our hotel..our room was at the top. Lovely hotel.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Big Ben...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The London eye, which is big and I think I would have gone on it, Marilyn went pale and we sort of knew that there wasn't a single reason why we should do it! So we took a picture and wondered why anyone would choose to go on that thing.

3 Comments:

Blogger LosingSanity said...

Id love to ride on the ferris wheel..I love the view from way up high!

Well, too bad you had to have a mess to come home to. But glad you enjoyed your little getaway! Everyone needs a breather now and then!

11:08 pm  
Blogger MamaTink said...

Welcome Home Helen!!

I love the feeling I first get when we arrive hoome from a trip. Like a snuggly warm blanket when you've got a chill :)

SO glad that you had such a great time Helen. Thanks for sharing it with us :)

~Lisa~

11:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Home Helen! :)

Sorry about the mess, but I'm glad you had a good time.

1:01 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home