Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Pop socks and periods.

That's set the few men readers running as fast as their legs will carry them!
I am almost ready, I have night nurse, and how clever that I managed to get the streaming cold to go with it, sore throat, snot and good old flo.......just in time for my trip to the big city and girlie times.

I bought pop socks, I did, little black knee length tight things to wear under my dress trousers because we might go somewhere posh for dinner, we really might, like grown up ladies with time on their hands and no baby wipes in their bags. I have even dug out my lovely leather handbag that looks nice and doesn't fit economy size wipe packs. I have never bought pop socks in my life, in fact I would go far enough to say that had I imagined ever buying them, never mind wearing them, I would have begged to be locked up. I just feel that they would look so much nicer than bare legs or socks...and there is no way I can wear tights under trousers, ever. My neck hair stands on end at the thought of tights under trousers, so pop socks it is.

I have left Sophie is a weeping puddle because my GHD straighteners are coming with ME, to straighten my short hair. ( you will see pics when we take some London ones) I have new make-up that isn't crumbled and dried up, little travel size pantene shampoo and conditioner. I am ready. Sort of.
I don't know how other people do the leaving the family thing often, unless it gets easier, because I have been weepy and emotional all day. I filled up at bedtime because they were particularly squishy and snuggly. 2 nights without kissing their warm sleepy faces......I have had strange emotions all day.
It might, of course, be excitement because, oh my good gracious I am going away.
I am not for a moment imagining a restful few days, I am sure that both Marilyn and I will be loathe to waste a minute of exploring / shopping / fun time but the thought of these next few days with no cooking, no cleaning, no laundry, no refereeing, just whatever Marilyn and I decided to do. Makes my knees go wobbly with anticipation.
Sophie has been a sweetie and is all set to " be helpful or stay out of the way." Ideal.
H is fabulous and has been very brave. I am sure that he will miss me to distraction, he will gaze at my empty pillow and ....stretch his legs right over to my side of the bed and he may well fart for all he's worth. Good for him.
I do wish I could stop the headline thing though. Dear life, I drive myself mad with the imaginary headlines about mothers of 6 who leave their children for a short break and ....bus crash / terrorists / muggings ..... then there's the shopping, making sure there is plenty of everything everyone likes, so if I die H, will know I love him because I bought scones before I went.
If I write on here, because I am not so bleak as to actually write a will before I dare to go away for 2 nights, if I write that H gets everything if I die and can withdraw the £3.50 in my bank account to buy day old bread to feed my poor motherless children...will that count? Will the bank release all my worldy goods?
I should probably be ironing clothes that will then be shoved in my bag, washing my hair so I can sleep on it and kissing my babies while they sleep. I've been thinking all day of all the things I should probably be doing to get ready for the 3 days I
won't have to do any of it and rather splendidly decided that if I cleaned and scrubbed and made my house all spotless so that I can leave it to be thrashed and messed... I would be very grumpy when I came home and saw it all spoiled.
So I didn't do it. I just tidied and did laundry. Well done me. I can come home to chaos and not mind a bit. Wonderful.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Have a GREAT time Helen - You deserve a break, and I hope you have a fabulous time just doing things for you, and not worrying about others because H *will* have it all under control!
I'm a teeny bit jealous - Ok a lot jealous, but happy for you! :)

10:40 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Enjoy! And Jenn is right...H will have it all under control! Have a good time and enjoy it for all it's worth!

2:54 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I had similiar thoughts when I went for just one night Helen. What if something happens to me. Funny what can go through our Mommy minds.

I do hope you have a wonderful time! Enjoy your time away. Relax and have a great time! I too am sure H will be able to handle everything.

4:30 am  
Blogger KC's Blog said...

Hi Helen,

Have a super time! Relaxxxxx:)

9:11 am  
Blogger MamaTink said...

Ah Helen, you are going to have Such a great time!!! And like Jenn, I am going to be SO jealous :)

Good call on not leaving the house spic and span...I'll have to remember that!!

Enjoy yourself Helen...and take a notebook so you don't forget to blog all about it when you get home LOL!

~Lisa~

6:47 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

OK I'm gonna bite.. what are pop socks????

2:41 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home