Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Monday, November 13, 2006

We bought more suitcases.

It was very necessary because. Oh my good shopping heavens. Harrods. HARRODS. But first we did some stuff that really, we should do, London and all....so we did......

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

that and this....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
at the palace, the Queen's house, and she was in, because the flag was up and I think she saw me and waved but we didn't want to show off so we acted like we could care less......

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

and we saw horses and carts and stuff and asked what that was about and it was ...THE MAILMAN!! As if, just imagine!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

and the escalator at the tube station.....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

hell!

But really, the best bit so far today....
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



And never mind the shopping, which we did for HOURS til our feet were weeping and begging to just stop please......but the chocolate bar, this place....
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

where we order a milk chocolate shake, and they brought
this....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Which made Marilyn say that she felt she should have a room, and be alone with this shake so she could moan, because it was so brow frowningly, leg jiggingly, deliciously gorgeous and Marilyn almost cried when some damn people sat next to us and stopped her licking the glass out.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

and it looks like my hair is falling out and it is wild and not all smooth and lovely but I think it must be the excitement or something, how can hair be calm when you are in Harrods for heavens sake??

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

and then we came out even though we didn't want to because we had to eat ( again) and we are putting our feet up and writing blogs and repacking bags with all our stuff HARRODS STUFF!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

and then we are going out for dinner and a show. CHICAGO. Fabulous. I could get used to this. I know, you should all come here and stay and I will be your guide and take your pictures and write about you on my blog. You'd like that wouldn't you?

7 Comments:

Blogger MamaTink said...

It's like a lovely trip down memory lane Helen!!

Except when I was in London, I was a cranky 14 year old, not wanting to look at flowery dresses in Harrods, but at the hand painted Doc Marten boots in a tiny shop across the street.

So yes, I would LOVE to come and have you as my guide because I KNOW that I would have SO much more fun, and would apreciate Harrod's this time around...I promise :)

~Lisa~

5:11 pm  
Blogger Lilsoutherngirl said...

I would sooooooo love it... Please can i come?

7:19 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Just that big old air plane stopping me! OK and money. ;) But it looks wonderful Helen.

8:05 pm  
Blogger odat_kim said...

Think we saw those esclators on the show Spooks (called MI-5 in Canada).
Kim

9:05 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Oh what fun!!! My feet ache thinking about all the shopping...no, wait! They actually ache from work..ah well, sounded good, didn't it? LOL. Keep up the fun! Maybe time will slow down for you so you can get more fun things in!

10:36 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

Oh I love it all - the pictures are fabulous, and make me want to visit even more!
Honestly, London is the #1 spot on my list of places I want to visit - NUMBER ONE! Which means that before I depart this earth, I better have had a chance to see it - and all the more fun with a friend! The chocolate shakes look perfectly wonderful and not at all fattening, and I think I would have said pooh pooh to the people next to me, and licked the darn glass anyway, because how often does one get to experience chocolatey perfection?
You are having a wonderful time, I can tell - and I'm loving the cyber tour! It all looks so delightful! I would be the typical tourist LOL, but it would be so fun. And I want you to write about me in your blog too!
That escalator in the tube station looks awfully tall and steep. How is it that nobody was on it - such a neat pic.
London is "Da bomb"!
jenn

4:31 am  
Blogger Lisa said...

Oh you sooo make me long for another trip to London. It looks soooo beautiful. We went to a ballet while there and if you can you should take one in. Quite amazing!

And Harrods. Wow. the one souvenier we brought back to the states was from Harrods. What a store!

Have fun!

5:30 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home