Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Friday, January 05, 2007

The very best game in the world.

Santa bought Isaac a spy pen, one of those pens that writes invisible messages and then you shine the purple light and the message shows up.
Isaac wants to be a spy. I am encouraging this because it would seem that to be a spy he must be neither seen nor heard. HOW COOL IS THAT? He creeps around the house and hides behind chairs, he takes notes and is silent.
This is a happy silent, not a hiding silent, not a withdrawn silent.
What a game, probably the very best gae in the world.
Elijah has taken his delicious musical levels up a notch. He has discovered ' high school musical' he loves the 'We're all in this together' song. I am going to have to snag a video of him because it is a cross between the X factor and Fame, for toddlers. He breaks into song and dance at a seconds notice, he points and kicks to the side and shakes that little bootie.
I did buy the DVD yesterday, it had to be done, we have had more than our money's worth already, we keep putting it on to the bonus track, the one that has 'his' song on it. We don't tell him we are doing it ...just pop it in and wait...wherever he is whatever he is doing he stops and then he is OFF, right into the routine.
Probably the best dance routine in the world.
He positively basked in being alone today. He was gentle and funny and just glorious.

Isaac, his teacher said, took pretty much all day to settle, he was withdrawn and quiet but by the end of the day he was happier and says he won't cry tomorrow, but he never ever wants to go to school again. Darn it. He did take a break from being a spy in order to be a teacher, he took register, very sweet ,with paper and pen at the ready, calling our names. " Good Morning SETH!" he said and Seth had to reply " GOOD MORNING MR ISAAC" Such a strong and confident voice.
In real life, when it is registration time, Mrs Teacher calls his name and he answers in his head. He has to raise his hand, or a finger or try and make his little disobedient head stop telling his body not to work. To do something to acknowledge his name.
I wonder if he gets mad at this body that won't do what he wants it to do. He says his head won't let his mouth work. Sometimes I stare at him when he is a situation that makes him afraid and I am sure that he wants to do it, he looks like he would give anything to open his mouth and let that voice out. I watch him watch the other children with something akin to awe at how they can be so brave as to speak outloud, how they can get on a stage and dance, my Isaac loves to dance, he loves it.....at home he will stand and dance and clap and twirl, he does his own little freaky break dance thing, he loves the X factor, he loves American Idol, he pretends he is one of the contestants......I wonder if he minds that he just can't let that sweet little voice, that still can't say so many words properly, out.
We bought new school shoes today, clarks of course, shoes have to be good ones for little people, everything else can be ebay or car boot sales but shoes have to fit. I am able to conquer the world if my feet feel good. So, we went to get shoes. They have the snazziest foot measurer there, you stand in it, press a button and hey presto you can watch while it scans your foot and says what size you need. 12.5 E. Skinny long feet. He wanted to go first. He ran to that machine and froze, grabbed Seth's arm and pushed him on.
Oh horror, lady grabbed Seth's trouser leg and rolled up the legs.
Isaac's face said he wanted to get on that thing so badly, stupid legs wouldn't let him get on it. We decided that the lady would stand behind me and not look.....when he was sure she wasn't looking he jumped on, rolled his own trouser leg up, pushed the button and grinned when the machine said his feet were EXACTLY the same size as Seth's. 12.5 E. Skinny long feet.
The lady brought out the shoes she had in the right size, both chose a pair ( such dull old black school shoes, they both so wanted red and silver running shoes) lady helped Seth, mummy helped Isaac, 2 pairs of boring shoes SIXTY POUNDS, £60!!!!!!! They'd better be comfy and grippy and make them run fast and read well and be reverent in church, dear life, SIXTY POUNDS!!!
Probably the best school shoes in the world.
A long day today, a good one though. It's alread tomorrow 1.10 am.....oh H went to the doctor today,he has been in horrible pain for weeks, stiff neck, bad shoulder and arm....headaches and general fed upness. He went to see if he could get a referral to the neurologist and get the marvellous injection in his head again, his new doctor was able to give him the shot himself, it really is amazing to see the difference so quickly, hopefully he will get some sleep tonight, he has been waking at 3am and coming downstairs as his neck hurts him so much, it'll be great if he manages to sleep, just seeing his face without that hooded eye pain filled look was a treat.
Probably the best needle in the world.

Am off to bed. Ah, am sleepy. I love it.
Definately the best feeling in the world.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Aw, that's so sad about Isaac. Zachary is not shy at all, but on the rather hyper side and he always tells me "But Momma, I WANT to be good". I think he truly does too.

SIXTY POUNDS? Crazy...I'd have a hard time shelling out that kind of money!

2:45 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

He he, Zachary would do what Isaac did with the shoe sizing too! :) He doesn't like strangers to touch him or talk to him.

I like to feel sleepy too, at bedtime that is! Last night, I couldn't sleep. I hate that.

I hope H is feeling better tomorrow.

My Hanna loves High School Musical! I think the only thing we don't have is the DVD. We will have it soon though, she said it will be on her birthday list. I didn't think to get it for her for Christmas.

3:25 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blast that insomnia! I wish that I could feel tired!

LOL at Isaac and High School Musical! Please post a video! I died laughing just thinking about it!

So sad to think about what goes on in Isaac's head, but it seems like he has grown leaps and bounds since I started reading your blog.

Hope you had a good holiday!

Rachel

3:43 am  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Oh my you are always SO SO busy!! New shoes....they are SO expensive everywhere! Here in the states you can't get a good pair for under $50 at best. Ugh. I love the picture in your header. Such happiness and silliness, just what a family should look like! Happy New Year!

11:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(I meant Elijah and "High School Musical!" Just wanted to point out that I DO indeed have some reading comprehension!)

2:41 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home