Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Monday, January 01, 2007

Splendid start.

There , now that's the way we like to begin a new year, perfect.

Seth writes notes, lots of notes and pictures and explainatory letters, I love finding them, it is one of my treasures when picking up the endless reams of paper and mess these gitlets make, to find little bits of heaven and happiness written by this little nerd of mine. What I really love is that as well as being such a swot, he has the most terrific sense of humour, quick witted and funny.
These are 3 notes that he did yesterday.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

how sweet is that? A liitle six year old testimony from his heart and obviously on his mind. Divine.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

He hearts a bunch of stuff my boy.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

He was fond of his brothers yesterday, we like that, he got over it today though and has had a whale of a time teasing the very skin off them.

We had dinner at mum's yesterday. In 4 years this is the very fist time we have been invited anywhere for a meal, we have been to mum's for parties and family do's but this was just us- and a glorious and sumptuous repast, the likes of which we are unlikely to see for another year. Seth, my little food phobic and until very recentky devout veggie, ate a half palte of TURKEY , I was mesmerized as he chopped and ate and mmmmmmmm'd, he ate so much he had no room for his vegetables. Incredible, once he tries something and likes it he will eat it again and again but it has taken 6 1/2 years to get him to try it!
We weighed him today, he has grown noticeably, he has been about 34lbs for the past 18 months skinny little twerp. He weighed FORTY TWO pounds!! 2lbs MORE than Isaac! This is a huge thing, such excitement and maybe what encouraged him to try the turkey. He loves to know what each food does for his body, protein and muscle growth / strength is irresisable to him lately. I think he could care less what it tastes like, it has to smell right and the texture has to be perfect, get that right and he'll try it, he touches, smells, licks and then he'll bite. Good boy.
Isaac interacted with gramma too, laughing and telling her thinsg right to her face instead of telling me to tell her.
Elijah was just Elijah and was very polite in the face of having us at gramma's place when we all know it is his domain.
Mum knows how to do stuff, she is such a lady and would be grand if she didn't have such common children to bring her down to earth. Her house was decorated like a show home, her table is laid in such a way as to make Hyacinth Bucket ( Bouquet dear) swoon......the food was delicious and there were posh crackers with great presents in, napkins and sparkling glasses, even for clumsy little boys.
Now we are home and the boys are being civilised almost humlike beings, watching Curious George and munching on cucumber, life feels pretty alright.
This was a perfect way to begin the year. I like 2007. Hoorah.

4 Comments:

Blogger LosingSanity said...

What sweet notes!

glad the year is starting out right for you!!!! may it continue to go so well!!!

3:19 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

2007 sounds like it is off to a great start Helen. :)

My own 6 year old weighs 42 pounds. :) He's been there over a year now though. Must be all that Wigglely dancing he does. ;)

Seth's notes are so sweet. He draws cute too.

1:25 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

Sounds like a fabulous start to 2007!! I love Seth's notes. Duncan makes notes too - but his are so much harder to read as he hasn't figured out spacing between words and that silly school lets them spell fo-net-ick-lee, which drives me (a rigid and proper speller) up the proverbial wall.
I love all the hearts - Your boy is full of love, and what a joy to hear him say how much he loves his brothers (even as he teases them mercilessly - it's all in love right?)
We had those posh crackers as well for our splendid feast, and Matthew even let us put a paper hat on his head (for a small bit) too bad I didn't get a pic of that!
2007 - may it be a year of happy kids, happy mums and laundry that folds itself ;)

3:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG He (hearts) stoats. I JUST discovered such an animal last year!! AND THEY ARE SO FREAKING CUTE!!!

Those were adorable. Thanks for sharing :)

10:44 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home