Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Happy CHRISTMAS!

What a lovely morning I had. The great thing about being ready early is that anything you choose to do afterwards is a bonus, so walking through town today was a treat, I didn't need anything but found a pile of extra treats that were half price and splendid, crocodile slipper socks for £1, socks and more socks for Sophie, even Narnia socks for Elijah, who has put himself to sleep the past 3 nights by whispering about the socks santa will bring " Maybe superman, maybe lion king, deffaly Scooby-doo" I am very touched and less suprised by this excitement over socks, I was puzzled until I thought and you see, H is a sensible chap, he worked out long ago that life is so much simpler if everyone has just one type of sock , he has wilson white socks with a W at the top, the boys all wear the same size socks and always have hanes from grandpa which is heaven when it comes to sorting socks, no rifling through til you find the matching one because they ALL MATCH, hoorah. So for Eli to discover that socks can actually have pictures on must seem like some kind of magical happening, the very idea of having his favourite people and things on his feet is a giddy thought for him.
I am sure that the thrill for him will be worth the slight inconvenience to me when it comes time to fold and pair them.
The thing I love about living here is that we wander through the streets to shop, no malls near us, just streets of shops and lovely buskers, especially this time of year. Today there were a couple of men in their 40s I suppose singing christmas songs and a load of teenagers were standing around singing along, you can't help but feel festive and cheery when you're accompanied by happy people singing christmas songs.
Yesterday there was a school choir singing carols. Everywhere you look there are Merry Christmas signs , Happy christmas.
It's unseasonabley warm and dry here which sorts or stops it feeling very christmassy but I can so live with that, if we miss the cold I can handle it without feeling any sense if loss at all.
I wrapped the stocking fillers last night, santa always uses tissue paper to wrap stocking gifts, roughly wrapped so its easy to rip that stuff open and get at it all.
I am calmly and a little disbelievingly ready. I have that feeling that I have forgotten something BIG and IMPORTANT....know what I mean?
I love it when I get to this stage, the part where we can say if we haven't got it, we'll go without......uh oh, except I forgot to buy toilet paper, darn it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

He he, Helen! I forgot TP too the other night! We were down to one tissue (yes I'm talking kleenex!) by the time I was able to get back to the store and home again!

It is a good feeling to be ready for Christmas. I'm not quite there and it is closing in on me!

2:39 pm  
Blogger Tuesday Girl said...

I am almost ready for christmas! Almost.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

3:09 pm  
Blogger odat_kim said...

I agree with H on the socks, all my white socks are the same brand and all my black socks are the same too. Although I do have a pair of Winnie the Pooh socks I adore, with a great big Winnie head on the toe, needless to say they do not fit into shoes :)
Kim

3:29 pm  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

Helen, I'm still reading at the beginning of your blog. I am through August, 2005. But today, I had to step into your world and see how you were doing. It sounds like everyone is ready for a Merry Christmas. That is my wish for you and your family.

9:03 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

I am not quite ready for Christmas yet. I have to finish up my shopping on Friday..when hubby gets his check! But, I am not quite stressed about it yet. I would love to have it done and enjoy that feeling though!

4:48 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Ps....It sounds just lovely and festive in your town for the Christmas season. The way you describe it, reminds me of old fashioned Christmas like you see on cards and such. How lovely!

4:49 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home