Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Ouch, skin, sore.......mine.

Am ill, have been sort of nearly ill all week but H has been REALLY ill, not waking up for days ill..so I had to sort of just be a bit ill, until today when he was better and my body gave in to the miserable sore skin illness. My bones are breaking and my skin hurts, my eyeballs are melting and I think there is molten lava dripping down my throat.
H doesn't whine when he is ill, at all, hardly mentions that he is sick, he's just sort of not found anywhere but bed. Here one minute, sleeping the next, which isn't always a good thing because if you don't know someone is ill and they just go to bed when there is much to do and you don't feel very hunky dory yourself you can quite easily hate a person.
Luckily, because we have been married 7 years and I know that if he takes himself to bed it means he is feeling like he might drop dead any minute, I have been kind and let him sleep and done all the school runs and shopping.
Today, I have made sure that everyone knows that I feel like a melting pain of the throbbing kind. At every opportunity I have whined and said " ow, my skin hurts" I'm not sure why I feel the need to do that except that I don't want to miss out on any kindness that might come my way, as if. I hate that my back feels like it is breaking and my legs are heavy and have toothache......people must know every symptom I have in case they forget to stroke me and ask if there is anything they can do.
Nobody has done that yet but I live in hope.
H did stroke me when I told him that really I am much more ill than he was this past week, I don't think he sighed and thought about what a long week this one will be for him, I'm sure he was just taking a deep breath in order to brace himself for all the pampering and acts of service he longs to do for me.
Isaac dropped a can of tomato soup today, it was my one effort to feed him, I opened the can and he picked it up to smell it ( to make sure it was the right kind you understand, smell is everything in this house) he dropped it and any other time I might have been impressed at how far that soup carried, in a beautiful arc, the entire length of the kitchen, hitting walls, ceiling, clean laundry, floors, me, him, washing machine, drier.......a forensic scientist would have had a hey day. Today though, well I wasn't at all impressed I was just mind blowingly horrified and wept very loudly about how cruel life is and damn tomato soup makers all over the world.
Then we were out of bread and that meant that someone would have to go and get some, I did, and be darned if I was going to change to do it, I slipped on my crocs and went just as I was in my too short yet comfortable sweats and a cardi that makes life worth living even if it has seen better days.
It helps you get an idea of how ill I feel when I tell you that Isaac, aged 5, was suitably horrified at my going out like that to say
" I cannot believe you went to costcutters in your pyjamas."
I didn't look good but was ill enough not to care, above hoping no-one I knew saw me, I bet they did. I probably looked like a homeless person with good shoe sense because I definately did the homeless shuffle, my aching legs just didn't want to lift themselves, they just dragged my sore body down the road and back again.
I can't decide if I am glad school is almost done, it means none of the running around but it also means they will be here and loud.

Can I come to your house? Is it quiet? Do you have drugs that will make me feel floaty and let me swallow cool drinks and stop my back from hurting so much? I won't be much trouble, just make sure I am breathing every hour or so and tell me how sorry you are for me and I'll hardly let you know I am there.
It does mean that we will be better for christmas, hooray.
I am so glad I did the turkey / ham / pork for boxing day shop. All we need now are the vegetables and fruit. If I had to fight at the freezers for the biggest ready basted bird, feeling like this, I might just wilt and give up. I am so organised I almost annoy myself.

I shall leave you with a few things I have heard this past week or 3 that have made me happy. Ready?

" You look 23" ( 2 different people, how marvellous)

" I think I should wear warmer clothes" ( sophie, oh joy)

" I up here doin' a big pooh" ( Elijah in the toilet, all on his own, sweet joy)

" I really do love you" ( H)

" you do big wees like camel don't you, because you have a big body" ( Isaac, while watching me pee, probably should have made me sad but somehow 5 year olds have the knack of making hurtful things funny, he loves me so much I think he doesn't care how big my body is, just sort of stating a fact really)

Life isn't so bad after all, even when your eyeballs are melting, is it?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww, sweetie... you sound so miserable. Ack about the tomato soup... I think I woulda just fell on the floor and cried.

Hope you get well soon, and that everyone babies you the whole time you feel ill. Here's to hoping anyway. Never works in my house--- mom isn't allowed to get sick. But hey, we can dream, right?

10:43 pm  
Blogger Moobear said...

Oh Helen I am sorry you are sick, even sorrier to tell you that I laughed reading the entire post. :) How so mean of me, but you make it funny and I love to laff. Wearing your jammies to costcutter made me laugh. Have ya ever tried to feed a bra through wires hooked to a heart monitor? Welp let me say it aint easy, so it was ok if I went braless to the grocery store and doctor, RIGHT? :)
Make H pet and pamper you all week.!!! I love your little ones, they come up with the cutest things to say. Get well soon my friend. God Bless you!
OH, it is dangerously quiet here! :):)


Claudia

11:30 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

I would gladly have you here, but there truly is no rest for the wicked or the weary in this household! Unless you are a man, of course! Or under 3ft tall. Then, rest when you can!

I hope you get feeling better soon! It is so miserable being sick! Especially with youngens running about!

2:30 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear sweet Helen.

No, you can't come here while you are sick. For two reasons.

1.Hanna is so grumpy lately, you wouldn't want to be around her. She is making me nuts.

2. You are sick and we don't want your lovely germs. :)

I do hope you are feeling better soon though. Better for Christmas and all the fun that goes along with it.

I'm with you on looking forward to Christmas break and not for the kids shall be bored bored bored! There's a positive to it and a negative to it!

Oh, it's me Julie Q :)

3:57 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home