Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Shhhh Santa we love you, but not when you SHOUT!

I took Seth and Isaac to see Santa today...so exciting, we got to the garden centre ( because really, where else would he be?) and hurried to find the grotto, it was all going so well until we HEARD him, long before we saw his little house with elves at the door......WHOA, said Isaac ( more by his actions than by his words) screeched to a halt my Isaac did,
"Oh, OH...I don't want to see that Santa because he is shouting and too loud, Seff, you tell him I want Knex and I stay right here" ( several feet away from even the grotto because Lawks a mercy he has a window and there is a big chance that booming Santa will see him and MAKE him go in. Not on your nelly.)
Seth went in but was reluctant to get too close because he values his ear drums, I think he thought that if he really spoke very quietly, Santa might get the message and just bring his voice down a few hundred decibles..didn't work.



Seth told him about Isaac and that Isaac was a bit afraid to come in... "WHERE IS HE?????" Boomed Santa as he peered through the window ( which is when Isaac backed even further away and I think ate his fingers down to the metacarpals)......


Things might have improved, Seth told Santa he likes anything to do with animals and Santa gave him a bag of the most gloriously cheap farm animals that Seth longs for and never gets because they aren't to scale and that insults daddy's whole sense of well being, only anatomically correct and to scale animals and donsaurs in this house thankyou, so to get such a ctreasure from Santa proved beyond doubt that he is all that is magical and good.

Isaac was less impressed though because he HEARD santa boom "KNEX????" When Seth passed along his wishes, so why then did stupid shouting santa send out a bag of magnetix?

I don't want magnetix I said knex and for heaven's sake can't he do anything right??? Its hard to explain to a child with such definate autistic thinking that when Santa asks what you would like, he means on Christmas eve, he doesn't actually have every desire right there in his little converted garden centre shed......

But the day ended so perfectly when we found an elf suit ....£2.99 Seth is an elf, for real....did you ever see anyone more like the real thing in your whole life? I think not!! We had to go and get 2 more because Seth can't take it off, he has become an elf and theothers wanted to be festive too.....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

( itchy hat..hate that itchy hat)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 Comments:

Blogger LosingSanity said...

Oh my, how cute they look in their elf clothes.

That is so neat that santa gives out little treasures like that. beats the typical candy cane.

Perhaps that santa is deaf??? LOL

11:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What perfect little elves! Especially Seth. He looks like he belongs right beside the real Santa at the North Pole.

Rachel

12:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww, they are darling... and how inexpensive.

I love reading your blog. I'm a first time visitor, and I love reading the goings-on of a mom of so many kids. I have five that keep me on my toes. I have often wondered if 6 would be much different. Maybe someday. If it happens, it happens I guess.

Your little boy sounds like a delight. I love how warm and caring you write about him. I can definitely tell how much you love them all.

Thanks for the read. It was nice to stop by :)

7:01 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home