Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Some nice things to look at and some...other stuff.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The penguins.....without my Isaac because he was the director you know.

May this sight never leave the schools in England because if it does I will be more sad than it would be possible to say. I really feel we need this in our schools.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We are poorly, the mummy and daddy ones, H has been in bed all day. I have somehow managed to scuttle through the day but not very cheerfully. Danielle came home at 7am and wondered who was in 'her' bed.
Search me, your guess is as good as mine...it was a friend of Jordan's.
She whined because she said her stuff would be messed up...look, look here, this is her stuff....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

does this look like it can be any more messed up??
( the towels.....every time she showers she uses 2 towels and dumps them on the floor, I dry them and put them in her room and she uses new ones)
This is AFTER she moved some stuff to the new place that has no idea what it is in for. She is supposed to be moving tomorrow, please let that be true.
You can't see the half filled cups under the bed, or the USED Q-tips on the floor.
When I came home from the 2nd school of the day to see my clean, white laundry, fresh out of the washing machine and dumped on the floor, right next to my broken drier...well, that was it. Dear H lugged 3 loads of washing to the laundrette yesterday, the drier man is coming tomorrow, Danielle is moving tomorrow, why can't she take her dirty stuff with her and wash it there?
Well, I stormed into her room ( her room, listen to me, I am calling it her room it ISN'T, it is MY room, OUR room, not HER room.) I yelled, told her that she better do something about my clean washing on the floor and asked her how she thought she would dry the stuff she was doing, I also told her that she better be sure no bugger would be dragging it to the laundrette for her today! I slammed the door and said that if she doesn't leave tomorrow then I would.
3 minutes later she asked if she could use my wrapping paper again.
Is there a screw loose somewhere? If someone yelled at you because you are a selfish lazy oik and made it clear you are not the star of the week winner, wouldn't you sort of hide, or leave, or say sorry or something?
I see now why she has run out of places to stay, shame that her parents gave up because really, they should have taught her how to behave, shown her that there are expectations that should be met, instead of this, they spoiled her, gave her whatever she wanted ( materially) and then, when she turned into a bratty teenager, they kicked her out for other people to deal with.
Nice.
The good thing in all this, is that I see my teenagers in a different light. They are messy..but they clear it up, they are loud and push the limits but when they are elsewhere they are ( I'm told) delightful and thoughtful. Even here they are pretty nice.
I have warned them under threat of real pain never to say anyone can stay here unless they ask first. I don't want to ever be in this situation again.
I am so looking forward to having this home back, no visitors, ( or cuckoos) to be able to know where things are and who is here!
I actually feel as though I have been put through the wringer, this girl has twisted my mind and worn out my nerves......weary me.
I am longing for Christmas, the main work is done and now I can almost relax, the boys finish school next week on wednesday and have 2 weeks holiday. No uniforms or packed lunches, no school runs, no deadlines or set times to stick to.
My littlest boy has his last ever day of playschool on friday, after the holidays he starts nursery.....big boy stuff.
I went shopping with all 3 big kids the other day, that was interesting......not something I would love to do very often!
Not too different to going with the 3 little ones really. They kind of tease each other, Sophie asks for everything .... she is a bratster, she knows the boys will give in! They wind me up and I found myself telling these great big people to stop touching and hurry up and no.....put it down!! I am relieved that they didn't do the knee slide thing, small blessings but thankfully grabbed.
Shopping is best done alone, I will stick to hot chocolate at costa coffee with my big kids thankyou!
I am not one of those marvellous saintly people who can open their home to waifs and strays and set them on the path to glory, I think I put up with them grudgingly and grumpily and then kick myself for being so flippin' stupid. I would like not to have to put up with any for a while, not even grudgingly. Please.

2 Comments:

Blogger LosingSanity said...

Right now, it sounds absolutely splendid to sit anywhere, even McDonald's by myself and sip a drink...any drink. Hopefully things will be back to "normal" around your home soon! I've heard it said that no home is big enough for two families and while Danielle isn't a "family", she is an extra person and it sounds like not a very thoughtful person at that.

12:55 am  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Those penguins are adorable. I'm a wee bit crazy because in the second shot I read "the Smelliest Christmas" LOL.. somehow I don't think that's what it says.

Danielle will be gone soon. HUGS HUGS HUGS.

Life lessons huh?

Love Ya

3:52 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home