Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Is it over yet?

I think it is. Not that I don't love christmas and everything about it but this year I sort of wanted it all to end, so it did. The tree had a major wilt yesteday and the ribbons fell off so just took everything down and packed it away with the elf costumes. The house looks all bare and nearly tidy.
We are all still weary, conjested miseries, coughing and sputtering and groaning a lot. We did enjoy some turkey stew for dinner which helped us all feel loved and wholesome. ( sort of like chicken soup, but festive and thrifty)
I am beginning to dream about slim fast, how worrying is that then? I am also beginning to really look forward to the new year.
I can't remember when I have held such positivity for a new year. usually I have had the doomy gloomy feeling that well, yeah, right, it'll be like last year but I'll be older, can't wait.
This year, I look back at all we have been through, everything I have achieved and overcome and can truthfully say that the thought of 2007 has me nearly giddy with anticipation.
I look out and think of things we can do, we will be going and doing and seeing this year. Nothing mind blowing, but memory making and new.
Resolutions are something I rarely do, but this year I want to set goals. I really want to take more notice of where the money goes, hate to swear and use the B word but I think I am going to set a flexible budget. Mostly because I want to set money aside for the seeing and going and doing part of what we want this year.
H is determined to save more for the boys, we do pretty well considering we are on a pretty low income for such a big family.
It would be great to see their savings grow more this year. ( savings, such a grown up word!)
I am working on Jordan and Sophie too, they both earn good money and have had longenough to enjoy the frivolous wasting of youth, now they need to start seeing what money can do for them. Like get them a flat or something!
Actually, I love having them here but I had been away from mummy for years by the time I was 19, moved into the nurses' home at 17 and never looked back. Dan moved into his own place at 18...it's such a good thing to do, I think everyone should try living independantly before they get married, so they can make mistakes and learn without it being a huge problem.
I also think that by 19 you should be able to live the way you choose, that usually includes things your mother needs not to know or see.......it's hard for us mums to let go when they won't actually go, know what I mean?
It's so good to feel happy about things. Don't get me wrong, ( would hate for anyone to worry and think I am of constant good cheer and getting on others' very last nerve etc) I still have days when it all seems like a bowl of soggy cornflakes but for the most part, the demons are gone. None too soon either.
I find I have time to muse about trivia and notice stupid unimportant things, I get annoyed at minor stuff....how absolutely and completely marvellous.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

This is going to be such a marvelous year for us!! I truly feel it Helen.. It's gonna SHINE!

Hugs

Julie

3:38 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home